II. Revelations

12 years ago

"Push Violet" the physician encouraged her as I was by her side holding her hand. It had been hours, surely more than ten. My mama cried again, her voice growing raspy, she was exhausted naturally. Me and the maid helped her on pushing. "Someone get the towel" the physician spoke rushing and I waited until another maid was taking my shift next to my mother so I would find one of the boiled clean white towels that were on the drawers.

"Here" I breathed out and stood next to the physician who was filled with my mother's blood.

"You will hold the baby once it's out." He announced and I swallowed hard, it was not as if there were many alternatives solutions at this very point. I nodded."one last push" he announced as his hands were shoved under the blankets and towels that were painted red. He pulled out a small ball of mucus and blood, I wanted to vomit but at the same time I stood with awe in the view of such a miracle, pondering how one day it shall be me in that position hopefully with my beloved husband.

The healer cut the lore and the baby started crying, he placed it in my arms as I wrapped it around with a towel. Eloise would be pleased to hear it was a girl, a tiny vulnerable little creature. I teared up as the doctor instructed me on how to clean her up and I did. Carefully as she was crying with loud sobs, signing that she was alive and healthy despite being with us a month earlier than expected.

"She is so perfect…" I told the maid and she smiled, crying as I.

"Get her to Lord Bridgerton and your siblings, I will tend to your mother" She assured me and I nodded, she was only 18 Anthony's age and I was 15. I held her close to me, I didn't realize I was filled with blood. "Anthony!" I called loudly.

I saw him coming rushing as Benedict pushed the youngest back in the room. He froze at the sight of me, in an instant he was as white as snow. "It's a girl" I announced and I approached him and he extended his hands lightly, they were shaking. I carefully placed the baby in his embrace in the proper position and she purred like a kitten.

"Mama?" He whispered

"She is alive…" I spoke and looked at him, my expression breaking slightly. "I was terrified… to be frank" I spoke, whipping my tears on my sleeve as my hands were dirty from the towel.

"Ev… it's alright… it's been hours and a horrific day… and tomorrow will be even worse…" Anthony spoke softly. He had already gotten familiar with their tiny sister. He extended his hand tugging my rebel hair that was all over my face behind my ear softly. "But it will be alright… I know that it should be dad in there or me." He started off. I could tell he was feeling awful.

"No Anthony, I wanted to be there and I was"I stopped him, I was still shaking as the house was awfully quiet now that mom was resting. "I just… need to decompress" I explained.

"And you deserve Eva… I already have the bath arranged… and we shall expect you shortly." He smiled at me softly stroking my sweaty cheek.

-

Today

The carriage arrived home. I was half asleep. Hearing my siblings talk. "So she just fell?" Colin asked as he was sitting next to me.

"Yes Colin!" Daphne spoke in a huff."Ev mentioned that she hadn't slept. It is not the first time such a thing occurs, remember? She asked me to go further from the crowd… Thank God the Duke was there to assist us" she explained as I felt the carriage pause its motion.

"Are we to wake her?" Colin asked,I could feel his eyes upon me.

"I am awake" I informed them, opening my eyes. I sat up and stayed still for some moments. Right now I was feeling as I was supposed to according to the story we would tell our family.