chapter v

12 Years ago

I fell asleep to my brother's hand stroking my hair softly. It was more serenly than I had expected. However the physician had made his appearance, so my peaceful sleep was gone as Benedict shook me gently and shot up quacking in ache. My eyes scanned the room and I smiled seeing Anthony doing the same as he held my hand. Mrs Wilson was standing there too. Mama was not there, i wanted to ask but when we were alone with my brothers.

"Are you feeling well Mrs Bridgerton?" The physician asked me as he was holding the bag of examination he always had.

"Exhausted… anorectic" I explained briefly and let out sigh.

"Have you been sleeping or eating properly like you should?" He asked me and my gaze met Anthony's. I let out a heavy exhale and looked elsewhere offering a negative nod as a response. "Alright then I would like you to start eating frequently for the next week." He spoke and smiled lightly. "There's nothing concerning for now, now how about the rib sides, Mr Bridgerton mentioned you shrieked once you were lifted…" he said "I would like you try and stand up" he instructed and I looked at my brothers with a pleading expression.

"Come on we will help you" Anthony spoke and I sighed heavily. He took my hand standing next to me as Benedict was sitting on my bed, his eyes fixated on us. I grimaced abruptly the moment I shifted my eyes on his as Anthony's tight grip held on me sternly not allowing me to fall back. I made a shuffled sound trying to not worry them more. I was sitting on the edge of the bed, my breath dragging.

"Describe where is it disturbing? And in what way?" Doctor asked me immediately.

"Uh, the left side is really inconvenient- uhh" I breathed out, squeezing my eyes closed while I was maintaining my grasp against Anthony's sleeve who was holding my forearms to keep me in place. "And I as I was laying it was alright now, I is soar even when breath." I revealed

"You can alter your position which means that with a few days of rest and some proper medication shall assist you to the best and quickest recovery" physician smiled and signed Anthony to help me back. He placed his palms beneath my armpits and I hugged his neck. He pulled me further on my bed, I squeaked
again and he kissed my cheek in assurance. I signed in relief as I stopped hurting.

"Thank you very much… let me see you out"Benedict offered as him and Mrs Wilson left me and Anthony.

"Can I do anything?" He asked me softly And I shook my head trying to smile.

"Only to sleep… Can you just stay with me until I fall asleep?" I asked him softly and he smiled

"Of course" he immediately replied. "I won't move a step" he assure me pulling my covers up.

Today

Ev's PoV

The most outstanding thing, I was rather sad for the Duke as he lost my sister's hand. Therefore another lucky man won her attention, a prince! Who could believe it, not me certainly. Owen left to meet his friend see how Bassett was feeling and what were his plans now, he was truly glad for Daphne I never doubted that but he couldn't help but be sad for his friend even though he was aware of how he would never admit being hurt by a woman.

I walked inside Daphne's room as Rose was fixing her makeup. She was all dressed up. I smiled "hello princess Daphne" I greeted playfully and earned a pretty smile. I approached and sat on her bed "off to where you are preparing?" I wondered.

"Prince Frederick offered to take me to a boxing match" she announced, making an effort to sound excited.

"And i shall escort our dear sister" Anthony entered the room sitting next to me on her bed.