vii. The Duel

Was12 years ago

"Owen are you done with the piano?" My mother asked me, I was fifteen, back then, this was the day I had my last piano lesson and gosh I desired to keep them going, therefore my parents had sketched their future plans for me already, my concerns were not a priority, unlike my spot to the society.

"Yes mother" I stood up and nodded with a slight smile she sighed, her smile though, she looked different. Saddened, I didn't know why, I approached her, and kissed her cheek with a frown. "Is everything alright?" I asked gently, I held her hands for some moments sensing that she wished to tell me something.

"Your acceptance letter, You are leaving for Oxford… tomorrow" she sighed and looked at me. "You got accepted at the law department…" my mother spoke her words with half heart. She squeezed my hands as I held on them, for no longer though, I dragged my hands out of her grip.

"What letter mama, I never applied anything" I spoke confused looking at her as she approached and held my collar. Her eyes , they were matching mine, were shining, watering. "I was supposed to do economics or mathematics or something about business-" I looked down at her.

"Your father, you know how he gets sweetie." My mom tried to excuse him once again…

"Stop excusing him mama, he doesn't even ponder of my believes and desires" I exclaimed, I hated speaking to my mother like this, however at this point I was infuriated.

"He only seeks your own good" she spoke, then tears were rolling down her cheeks.

I removed her hands from my collar. "Just like he seeked Jessamine's, who are you kidding, if he did she would still be here" I turned to leave only to find out how my father was standing on the door frame.

"Care to repeat that last part?" He asked and I felt my throat go dry. I turned around and saw him standing at the door, my mom's hands dropping from my figure, she took a step back. I turned to face my father, I didn't speak.

Now

Eva's POV

There was a bang, a scream and then void. I was seeing the sky for some moments, as if it was going to rain.

"Daphne! Are you alright?" I heard Basset

"I am okay! Eva?" Daphne spoke of me, that put me through a process off estimating myself and the damages, I couldn't move, the voices a far blurr

"Eva! She is not moving!"

"Let me go, I am alright"

"Eva wake up"

"Do not move her, let her move herself"

"Is she breathing?"

"Yes idiot, her chest is moving"

Those voices were so far, and coming closer until I was able to make out who was who, the blur I was seeing was starting to clear out. I was looking at all of them. Colin was holding Benedict's hands, he must have been the one to move me, from the other side there was Anthony and Daphne who was held by the Duke. I smiled slightly. 

"I am alright, sister, talk with the Duke…" I groaned while my eyes fell upon their hands holding, Anthony sighed, shaking his head. Daphne giggled and so did the Duke as he helped her up and walked further… he had to learn about Cressida.

"Eva how are you feeling, dizzy?" Anthony asked me, he leaned in clearing my face from all the hair .

"Positive" I explained and smiled softly, "I don't hurt anywhere though right now" I added, I was slightly scared to move.