viii

Author's Note: I am sorry it has been so long, exams you see, but here is an extra long chapter<3

Warning: sexual content close to the end of the chapter, let the asterisk (*) warn you for the end and the beginning.

Owen's Pov
I was only able to clean up the blood off my nose once my mother walked in my room, my gaze fell on her exhausted figure, she had lost more weight now that i was observing her. Her skin pale with red spots from crying. I smiled. "At least now that i am leaving in Oxford i won't have to put up with this behavior" i smiled at her and stood up.

she stopped me, taking the napkin from my grip. "i am trying to stop him every time Owen… to protect you but…" her voice broke and i smiled again.

"I am not a child mama… maybe this is for the best…" I exhaled, it ached me to see her in this state. It was more rare the past three years.

"I know Owen, and i am proud of you" she voiced lowly, her glare staring around my room as her hand cleaning the last drops of blood i had on my face. "We have to get your things ready" she reminded me and I nodded slightly.

"Let's" I nodded and kissed her cheek before moving to open up my luggage box. I didn't like bothering maids for such things. neither did my mama.

Eva's POV

"And for how long will you be gone, brother?" I asked him as I was sitting upon his bed, while he, with the assistance of an employee, was preparing for his university in Oxford.

"I do not know sister, therefore i will be back on Holliday's, easter christmas and summer" he smiled reassuringly and I nodded in agreement although i couldn't help but grimace sadly.

"Eva, you know you can always write letters, I will always respond"Anthony sat next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, i felt as if I would break compared to his physique. I soundlessly nodded again and buried my face in his neck. "Come on now sister" he placed a kiss on my head.

-Present

I wasn't usually eavsdropping, therefore I passed by Daphne's room, I could listen to her trying to speak with our mama. However it ended up in an awfully blank dead end.

"Good morning mama" I greeted with a bright smile and she leaned in kissing my head.

"How are you feeling darling?" She asked me to stroke my cheek gently with her palm. I was still shorter than her, even Hyacinth proved to be taller than me.

"Very good actually mama, nothing hurts, not even a bruise" I smiled at her.

"And Owen, i haven't seen him those days he has been laying inside" Mama asked and waited for a reply.

"Well he has a bruise or two, today he went out with Anthony,  he can walk, the wound is almost gone, i didn't agree but whoever listens to me"I shook my head and exhaled with a small complaint.

"And who do you listen to?" My mom wondered, her smile glistening as I realized she was right. I was aware of my stubbornness therefore i wasn't the one stabbed.

"Oh no one but that's not the substance" I giggled and kissed her cheek before entering my sister's room.

"Hellu" I walked in and found her sitting on her boudoir, I leaned in kissing her cheek loudly.

"Evs" she tried to smile

"I heard you, mama, is there anything you wish to get of your chest?" I asked her, i paced next to her and sat down. I cupped her hands into mine, i was aware that possibly she was trying to reveal how her and Basset had moved on before the wedding,  and such experiences are something a girl should be warned off. Unfortunately society had different opinions on the matter.