• 20 • i am sick!

1

4

3

I

Love

You

If he can't say it directly, at least he can drop a hint. That's the least he can do. Nothing in Jungkook had the capability to pour out the words but he was rather impatient to tell them as well. This was the best way. The way to his heart has always been an endless abyss, impossible to reach and forbidden to enter. Yet, the Area 51 had been invaded by you. All he could sprout out from the wreck was an innuendo.

When he was young, he remembers the beeper language being popular. And, rather than being all cliché with his words, he decided it would be better if you figured it out on your own first.

"No. What?" You asked, mystified by this sudden question he dropped.

Not answering, he moved you away and was about to get up. "What's it?" You ask, once again.

"I don't know," he shrugged. The urgency in his actions frightened you a little.

"Where are you going? Should I come with?" Since you didn't want him to faint while walking.

"I'm going to take a piss. Wanna join?"

***

You've been all over the place. He is still sick. It confuses you because every time you visit him, he looks fully recovered but the thermometer reading is still high. He keeps shivering due to the cold too, so you have to cuddle him. Sometimes, you'd kiss the bracelet that he put back together, heart fluttering every time you see it. It won't ever stop, the rush of emotions.

You've also been keeping a tab on the dates and, as per his claims, he has to start his internship in four days. Rather weird because his father owns a damn MNC, can't he work there? Looks like he doesn't want to move to Spain, which is a good sign for you. You don't want him to leave either, when things are finally starting to look up.

To be honest, you forbade him from going into the balcony for a few days because that's how he got sick in the first place, that's what he told you. You can keep Jungkook out of the balcony but not the balcony out of Jungkook. He's stubborn. When you go to his apartment, he's sitting out again, gazing at the scorching sun. Putting on those hot Ray Bans. Reading a book like he's completely fine.

When he realises you're there, he wraps his arms around his body and stares at you like a needy panther. Dark, making your back shiver. Eyes practically ordering you to hug him. According to him, he's still very, very sick.

Only he knows what was the real reason of him falling ill. He had been missing you way too much, exhausting himself. Staying in his apartment, depressed. Working up a sweat trying to eliminate your absence and then sitting out in the windy balcony. That, particularly, made him sick. If you're not in his life, he can even fall sick and he knows that. You're the fundamental base.

This time, when you enter again, he's watering a money plant. Finally, he started taking care of his plants! Hair in a ponytail. They seemed to be grooving as a light air current pushes past it, coming in through the window. It's a weekend. Late hours of morning.

When he sees you enter, he immediately puts down the little, blue watering can. And, coughs? Your eyebrow raises as he plops down on the couch again and wraps himself with the comforter.

"Y-Y/N."

"Yeah?"

"C'mere," he ordered.

You're a bit taken-aback but are used to this by now. It's always to make you run some chore for him. "What do you need? Water? Food? Vitamins?"