Chapter 7

Hearing my alarm go off wakes me up from a deep sleep

Hearing my alarm go off wakes me up from a deep sleep. Sitting up in my bed, laying against the headboard wanting to go back to sleep.

Hitting the alarm for the fourth time, I get out of bed. Laying out my clothes for the school, I head to the bathroom to do my morning routine.

Stepping out of the shower, I hear my phone ringing. Picking my phone up, I see Gemma is facetiming me.

"I'll be there in ten, Cas. Can you make me breakfast before we go?"

"Why do you pick something up?"

"I love your cooking and baking better," Gemma states with a wide smile, as a smile forms on my face.

"I'll see." I tell her. Nodding her head she disconnects the call.

'Rude much' I say to myself.

After putting on my clothes, making sure I have everything for school I head downstairs. Hoping Gemma gets here before my dad, so we can be out of here when he gets home.

Turning on the air fryer to get it warm up to fix us a quick breakfast. Taking out the ingredients I will need, I begin preparing a breakfast for us.

Hearing a knock on the door just as the muffins are ready to come out of the air fryer. Quickly taking them out I go to open the door for Gemma.

"Good morninggggggg," she sang out walking in.

"Good morning, Gem, breakfast is almost done," I tell her going into the kitchen with Gemma right behind me.

"It smells so good in here," Gemma states happily.

"Your just hungry," I say laughing.

"That too, please tell me, are you trying new ideas for the café?"

"Not now I'm not, we don't have time. I fixed some banana nut muffins, cheesy scrambled eggs, bacon, and mini hash browns."

"Did I ever tell you, I love you so much Brice Caspian McKnight?"

"Everytime I cook for you, you tell me that." I said to her.

Getting paper plates down, taking two out, passing one to Gemma she begins fixing her plate.

"It's some juice or soda in the fridge." I say to her as I fix my plate.

"Before I forget, how was tutoring?"

"Don't even mention it to me. I'm going to kill Ty."