Chapter 15

Reaching over shutting off my alarm, laying back down in bed, restless. Sitting up in my bed getting my phone off the nightstand. Looking through the messages from this past week from Trenton and me arguing, making up, and arguing again exhausts me.

‘How did we get like this’ I say to myself. When my phone startles me. Seeing it's a facetime call from Trenton.

Taking a deep breath I answer the call, “Good morning, how did you sleep?”

“I’m sorry, baby,” he speaks with sincerity.

 “I’m getting tired of this, Trenton. The pointless fights and arguments over nothing, it’s past old,” I tell him as I walk into my bathroom.

“Sweetheart, I’m sorry, everything is going to change for the better from this point on, I promise. No more of me bugging out for no reason,” he states in a firm voice.

“You have been doing this since the night at the club, and when I ask you why, it’s an argument. I can ask you something simple to see how you are. It turns into something more, and I still don’t know why, and I am sick of it,” I inform him in a sharp tone as I get ready to take a shower.  

Replying by stating my name softly, “Caspian,” he begins as I hold my phone closer to my face as he continues, “Sweetheart, I never should have made you feel less than anything except for my one and only. I swear things will be better than it was before. I apologize and nothing will ever happen again. You have my word,”  

“Are you sure, I won’t go through this anymore,” 

“I shouldn’t have never put you through this, you don’t deserve it. Let’s make the weekend all about us, we will go to a party tonight, tomorrow I will help you with the bakery and set-up for the teens' event, and Sunday we will spend the day together, on a date, kissing, watching movies, kissing, shopping, kissing-,”

Smiling, cutting him off, speaking, “You have said kissing several times.”

“I can’t wait to kiss you,” Trenton states with a smile.