◇one◇

"Then I'll be taking my leave."

After taking the box I'll have to deliver, I immediately leave. The road towards the customer is quite long, so the earlier I leave, the better.

It's been four years since I.. unexpectedly got transmigrated. And not just in some unknown world but in an anime that I never laid my eyes on.

On my first day here, I asked whoever sent me here. Why me? If it was those fans of this anime, they'll find this a blessing but, it was me, someone who just know this anime because of an otaku classmate.

It is also thanks to the demon I first met that I found out that this is that Kimetsu No Yaiba. But until now, it is a wonder why he let me live despite being a man eating demon himself.

"But, what curious me the most was the... Haa.." It is something I couldn't put into words. But I felt something I never felt towards anyone before.

Night time came, I don't want to waste my money and rent an inn so I just look for an old tree where I could treat a branch of it as my temporary bed.

But of course, in this world, the possibility of resting outside without any disturbance is low. Especially at night. "..."

There's a reason why I choose to stay outside even though I know the dangers lurking around.

"Kekeke~ it's my lucky day." The demon immediately spotted me as soon as I move closer to him.

"...."

I didn't just dumbly choose to stay outside because of money. I stay out so that I can do my side job.

"Well.. Could you call it a job even though no one is paying me?" I suddenly wondered why am I calling it a job when it is more like a hobby. "I'm so weird."

What a quiet night. I've only met one demon before I took a rest. Which is a bit rare. Normally there'll be two or more demons in the area I'll be sleeping in.

"..is the fertility rate declining again?"

Morning soon came. And I have to move my feet again. "Sigh.." I think I'll have to quit this job. But I might not do so as well. I mean, I need money to live. "..Maybe, I should just commit suicide." Things have become uninteresting lately.

Though, I dislike this transmigration. My first days weren't that bad as I have several questions inside my head that I want to be answered. I also wandered around and ended up experiencing things that are impossible to get in my modern world.

But today, I just live because it's common sense to live if you have a life. "Committing suicide isn't my thing too.. Damnit." I missed my computer.

Before I knew it, I already reached my destination. "Good afternoon, I have the herbs that Ms. Jing asked for."

"Ohh, she went out for a bit. Is it fine if you wait for her?" I don't have a choice after traveling that far on foot. So I agree nonetheless.

I stand outside like a statue in the middle of this cold weather. More than half an hour passed and Ms. Jing still couldn't be found.

"I'm sorry.. She might have bumped into someone she knew. Would you like to wait for her inside?"

"If it's fine with you." The lady offered me some tea after I get in. It's a fine tea that I enjoyed. With just a few sips I could feel my temperature warming up quickly.

There's another person inside that the lady is talking to. It's nice that they're too occupied with each other to pay me any attention thus I am able to enjoy the tea to my heart's content.

But, the minute that turns into pass half an hour has now become 5 hrs and going. It's already dark outside but Ms. Jing is still yet to show herself and take her delivery.

"Haa. I don't know anymore what that kid is up to. Why is she still not back!?" The lady who's Ms. Jing's aunty, angrily said to the person she's talking with since earlier before she turned and talked to me. "I'm sorry, young man, if I just have some money I already paid you but, I don't."

"It's fine." I was planning to just continue waiting for Ms. Jing but, I suddenly had a thought. "..Can you describe what Ms. Jing looks like?"

"Why?"

....I become a suspicious creep to the lady after she heard me say that. She only described Ms. Jing's appearance after I told her the reason.

I left the house and started roaming the area.

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤