◇two◇

The chilly air brushed past my skin. It's always cold every night but, because of the current weather, the temperature greatly falls down.

I had enough of roaming the street, then my attention shifted towards the forest. I had a bad feeling. "Don't tell me she's in there.."

It's not that late, maybe it's not too late. And also it's not like there are demons everywhere..

"I don't feel any—." When I was about to say there was no presence that I could feel after taking some steps inside the forest, a kid appeared. Walking in the middle of the night with no fear of the possible danger.

The kid seems to notice me too. In curiosity, I walk closer to him, who halts his steps after seeing my intention.

"Is—"

"Why are you here?" He seemed to be confused by my out-of-the-blue question. I'll be confused as well if I'm in his shoes.

"?... I'm on my way home?"

"You live in the mountains?"

"Yes?"

"But why are you coming back so late?"

"I just finished selling charcoals."

"..." I didn't talk any further after that. Somehow I started walking with the kid towards who knows where.

He really is unafraid.

After a little more walk, a small hut comes into my view. I questioned the kid whether that was his house but he said it was owned by a man named, Saburo.

"Tanjiro!" The owner of that house called the kid as we passed by his house. "Are you gonna go back to the mountain?" He asked. "You'd better not, it's too dangerous!"

I almost nod my head in agreement after I heard what the man wants to say. See, I'm not the only one who's confused.

"I've got a great sense of smell, so I'll be fine."

  ' - ' ) ?

I was baffled at what he replied to the man that I couldn't help but voice out my thoughts. "How can your nose fight..?"

"That's not what I mean..."

"I'll put you up for the night. Come on, get back here!"

"But.."

"You should listen to him." I just left after saying those words. I'm pretty sure that guy named, Saburo wouldn't just give up pursuing the kid.

And I still have something to do.

"..He seems familiar."

I continue walking around with no particular direction until I decided to go back to Ms. Jing's place thinking about the probability that she was already at her house.

But before I could even take my second step away from the forest, a horrified scream reached my ears.

"KYAAAAHHHH!!"

I immediately went to where I heard the scream come from. I never met Ms. Jing before but, I do know she owns a female voice.

Unfortunately, when I came. The scream already died down.

"...Who'll pay for the herbs now?"

These clothes.. It is exactly what my customer's aunt described.

She is Ms. Jing.

"Kekeke! Another delicious meal."

"...." The demon met a common end, just a little bit severe as I have to release my irritation. 

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤