◇fifteen◇

Blood drips as a fast and spinning object flies towards the unamed hashira.

Swoosh

Brack!

The plate that had scratched (Y/n)'s cheek, breaks as it meets his katana.

(Y/n) looked at the ground where the attack came from, it is also where he was just standing earlier.

"I guess that's your blood art, lower rank two." (Y/n) meets the demon's pair of eyes, where its position is etched on one.

"Hahaha! You didn't expect that, didn't you?!" Though the words seem to still hold confidence like earlier, the tone was different.

Rokuro, the demon's name, was one of the moon demons that are afraid of the slayers, and especially afraid of hashiras.

The attire of the human in front of him is obviously not the same as those slayers' uniform but the appearance of the color changing katana is enough to prove that he is someone connected to the demon slaying corps.

Making Rokuro feel a hint of danger.

"Yeah. I didn't." (Y/n) calmly replied.

The red line on his cheek could obviously tell that he wasn't expecting the ground he was standing to turn into a vigorous plate and attack him.

"Come at me again." Flipping two of his fingers, (Y/n) unintentionally provoked the lower demon two.

The same situation earlier happened, the ground beneath (Y/n) rumbled a bit before it quickly slipped away from his feet and turned back to him.

CRACK!

"Again." (Y/n)'s eyebrows slowly formed a frown as the cycle just continued. A plate will appear and (Y/n) will break it.

SWOOSHH!

"Is this all you can do?"

BRAKK!

The giggle of the demon was heard as soon as the plate broke.

SWOOSH!

A plate appeared faster than the earlier attacks, but it also got break by (Y/n)'s katana.

SMASH!

"Does making it fas-"

SWOOSH!

SWOOSHH!

"I see.. You can double it." Before (Y/n) breaks the plate another one appears. But those two were also broken effortlessly by (Y/n). "That's boring.."

"Hehe! Two?"

SWOOSHH!

(Y/n) leap out of the ground as it becomes a plate that seems to be attached to him. He looks at the demon with a question mark, wondering if he can create three.

SWOOSH.

As soon as his foot was placed on the ground another plate appeared. And was actually followed by another as he leaped.

"I see-!"

SWOOSHH!

But another one appeared too, he was surprised but it wasn't enough to make him slip.

SWOOSHHH!

Though the fifth one almost did the job.

BRAAKK! CRAKK! BAAM!

With the swing of his katana, (Y/n) breaks the five plates but as soon as one goes down, a rumbling under his feet will quickly follow.

A perfect attack that makes the opponent lose their footing and makes their attack weak.

"Hahaha!! You think I'm that weak?! I can create as much as you want!" It joyfully informed (Y/n) who is in a repeating cycle. "You can break one! But as long as you're standing on a surface, I'll attack!"

(Y/n) didn't reply, his face showing a concern.

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

A/n: I'll do two chaps