◇twelve◇

But, opposite to what I expected.

A fight didn't break out.

"..Should I... go after him?" I asked myself and got no answer as I watched the demon leave the alley.

He is a weird guy.

With one last thought, I started going after that demon's subordinates. Following the direction they went to, the tracking had become a little easier.

"...." I was welcomed with a ruined wall and a nice-looking house in a spacious area. "..How come I'm content with a run-down hut." Yes, my house is a hut. A small one but quiet and far away from people. It also has a small field where I could plant some seeds on.. "But plants somehow die in my hands..." I'm obviously cursed.

Knowing there are demons fighting inside and a human, strangely it looks like the human is fighting with the others.

Leaping on a tree branch as stealthy as needed, I've decided to observe the overall situation first to answer my confusion.

And I'm still confused.

Although still confused at the situation in front, I have readied myself to interfere quickly, once that sole human kid was put in danger.

"...."

I'm watching to understand but now, my confusion has already been placed with interest as I continue following the Kid's actions.

But the child was suddenly cornered by one of the demons. I was going to pull my sword at that second when the boy moved and seemed to have formed a plan.

I can't possibly hinder a young slayer undergoing an improvement, can I?

"..He is quick-witted but still weak.."

Only when he was already done with his combined attacks did I descend and catch the kid that was flown high up to the sky.

"That was amazing, Tanjiro."

"Ah.?"

With the demon, who was chattering nonsense earlier, quickly disintegrated as I interfered, the air became quiet and up to my liking.

But am I that satisfied with the quietness to be smiling.?

"AH! THE MAN FROM BEFORE!" Finally remembering, Tanjiro excitedly pointed his index at me as he exclaimed.

"The one you strangled." I added.

"Ah..."

"So who should I kill?"

"..What?"

"There are still demons lurking there."

Tanjiro immediately gets what I meant and frantically says that the demons except for the one with Temari are harmless and friendly and-

"I understand. Let's go before that demon suffers more pain." I cut him off, not having time for a long chat.

"Yes, you can p- !"

I unintentionally didn't hear him as my feet accelerated to the place where I needed to be, while still helping the injured kid by carrying him off the ground.

"GAAGHHHH!!"

A pained scream immediately welcomed us. although I've been hearing it since it started.

"..." The curse that I only saw once had made its appearance again.

Without wasting any more seconds, my blade stopped the Temari Demon's pain.

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤