◇fourteen◇

"Caww! North! Several people have been disappearing at night, a possibility that a moon-rank demon is involved. Caw!" Loudly and annoyingly, the crow said for the third time.

"I heard you the first time you said that."

"Craa!"

Without paying his crow a second glance, with hurried steps (Y/n) ran to the north where he needed a job done.

While doing so a thought crossed his mind. Maybe, he knew this moon-rank demon is.

But he is more like hoping he knows the person he'll meet as there are unanswered questions he still has for that sword-user demon.

Wonder if I can fight him now..

Just how much did he improve? (Y/n) wonder and with quiet excitement, he reached his destination.

"Tori, leave."

"Copy that, Craaw!" The crow flew away to who knows where per (Y/n)'s words.

This is his usual requirement whenever he is about to fight a demon of high rank. There are specific reasons but let's just say he is worried for his bird companion.

Swoosh

His monochromatic attire, swayed with the wind as it passed by him. Just by stepping closer to the village, one could immediately feel the abnormal presence of a demon inside.

The village seems to have been deserted with how quiet and murky the air is. There isn't even a single soul walking around.

"Well.. It's bedtime."

Right.

(Y/n) then reached the target. What greeted him was a dried-up and old well, yet no molds could be seen around it.

It gave off not an old scent but a disgusting one, obviously caused by the unwanted visitor of this village.

"..It isn't really him."

It is unfortunate but, even before he reached this place, he already knew that it wasn't the demon he was expecting.

"Now, how should I pull you out?"

Looking down at the well, his eyes meet with nothingness. There isn't any visible movement but (Y/n) could feel one.

"..."

Giving up on thinking, he was about to just jump in and start what needed to be started.

But then the ground suddenly started rumbling. And something came up from the well, straight in front of (Y/n).

"Look at this~ I thought it was a hashira.!"

It might not be visible in the Hashira's eyes since he doesn't really care but the demon has a relief expression after seeing a simple black kimono instead of that uniform.

Not getting why he was misunderstood, "I'm a Hashira though." (Y/n) stated with a question mark above his head.

"You don't even have that katana. You can't fool me!" The demon didn't hesitate to initiate the attack after perceiving that (Y/n) was just a human.

"It's here though?" (Y/n) muttered to himself.

"Now die!!" It screamed.. But weirdly, the demon only jumped on the ground which caused it to shake a bit.

' - ' ).?

(Y/n) blankly looks at the demon who's in a weird horse stance position. But (Y/n)'s eyebrows soon move out of surprise.

SWOOSH!

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤

A/n: Hi