◇five◇

As Giyu Tomioka stared at the unusual pair of siblings on the ground, a familiar plain yet pleasant voice had reached his ears.

"Is this the right choice? Hm."

He knew there was someone who had been watching them but when things turned in an unexpected direction Giyu had almost forgotten about it.

That's why it took him by surprise when the person suddenly appeared before him. But it surprised him even more after knowing who was it.

"..(Y-(Y/n)?"

"It's been...three years, hasn't it?" With lightly turned up lips, (Y/n) casually recall the years he didn't see Giyu. But to his surprise, the other suddenly went closer and put his arms around him. Quite tightly.

"..Don't tell me... You still don't have any friends in your place.."

(Y/n) very much knew that Giyu was just glad to see him but, he just can't shut his mouth about this topic whenever they meet.

"Do you still not want to join the corps?" While tying a bamboo muzzle on the girl's mouth, Giyu asked (Y/n).

"Yes." He replied like he had already answered such a question multiple times in the past. "Here make her wear it, ..never mind, I'll do it."

It didn't take long for the two to wake up. (Y/n) stayed behind the tree trunk, just behind Giyu as he instructed the siblings.

They didn't part ways immediately and descended the mountain together. (Y/n) plans to at least inform Ms. Jing's family about her passing. He told them the area where her body was being buried and his made up cause of such ending.

"How long are you going to follow me?" (Y/n) asked the quiet Giyu who only glance at him and didn't reply.

The sky is already dark when (Y/n) arrived at his employer's house. He made the slayer with him wait for him by the door before entering and called the merchant out.

"Oh, did you succ— why are you still holding the herbs?"

"Mr. Kagi, the customer..." (Y/n) told his employer bits of the story that just happened.

"Ha.. But the herbs lost its use now. No customer would want these anymore."

"..."

"You should take responsibility for this. You don't know how much these herbs cost, don't you? Tsk! I'll cut your pay for this. You can go now!"

(Y/n) didn't bother replying and just outright leave the place. What greeted him when he exited was that angry expression on Giyu's face.

"What happened to you?" In wonder, (Y/n) look around the area but, there doesn't seem to be a fight with other people. "What happened?"

"Will you just come with me?"

"...."

(Y/n) stared at Giyu's frowning face for a bit before his hands moved and raffled the other's hair.

It somehow made his heart feel warm seeing that despite living in an unknown place there was someone who shows some care for him.

Unfortunately, (Y/n) can't just leave. His lack of knowledge and background in this world made it difficult for (Y/n) to be trusted and accepted in most jobs. And he couldn't also be a burden to Giyu, he never lives while relying on other people's support. His daily necessities should be provided by his effort. He's quite prideful.

"Why are you acting like some older brother of mine? I'm older than you."

"You're obviously not."

"But I'm taller."

That night, Giyu hesitantly left. Thinking it might take years again to meet with (Y/n).

Unknown to the two of them, they'll see each other, much earlier than they both expected.

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤