◇nine◇

Grrrr

When the door swung open. A scene worth of frowns is what greeted (Y/n) first.

The fluffy ball of fur is biting Giyu's hand as if he did something horrible to the dog.

"Taro, stop it! Taro!"

"I was just gone for a moment, why are you in a mess again?"

"I'm not."

Well this is just how Giyu is.

While having that thought, (Y/n) crouched down beside the quarreling duo and gently touched the little ball of fur with his fingertips and then his palm. "Calm down." His hand slid from the top of the dog's head down to his back. "Giyu isn't as tasty as he looks." He jokingly said as the boy started becoming comfortable with his touch.

After the boy calmed down and let go of Giyu's hand, (Y/n) looked back at him, and saw the other staring at him with disdain. "..?" Why is he annoyed?

"..This is unexpected (Y/n)-kun."

"Is that so."

"Well, you look similar to Tomioka-san that you two look to be blood-related."

"How did we look blood-related?" Giyu asked, seemingly against what Shinobu had just said, even having a frown on his forehead.

"Do you two not see what your faces always look like?"

"How come you look offended?" (Y/n) had stopped listening to Shinobu and shifted his attention to Giyu, who owns the hand he is applying an ointment to. "You should listen to me, your older brother."

"I'm older than you." Giyu argued without knowing that if we look at (Y/n)'s mental age, he is already someone in his late twenties.

"Who decides that?" (Y/n) countered.

It didn't take long for the talk about the possibility of what attacked the girl's family is a demon to continue.

While the hashiras talks, (Y/n) spend his time with Taro. Still, he didn't ignore the contents of every word they spoke.

"So annoying! Come on, move it!"

Yae left the house despite the two hashira trying to tell her not to.

"If we leave her alone, she won't be saved."

Both Giyu and Shinobu are aware of the possibility that Yae is hiding a demon from them. No, they are certain that she is hiding it.

"Anyway, where's (Y/n)-kun?"

"Ah, that boy followed the dog earlier." The obasan that (Y/n) was acquainted as well as the person that Shinobu bought some herbs from, had said.

"..It seems, (Y/n)-kun likes the dog better than you Tomioka-san. Ara.., I can understand him."

"...Shut up."

⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤