One

                              - Chapter one -

Abby swayed her hips back and forth as the sound of the blasting music controlled her to do so. She danced next to a girl who was dressed up as Harry Potter, she thought the costume was basic as she danced in her "me against the music" Britney Spears costume.

She went to refill her drink but to her dismay all the drinks had run out. That was when she noticed her boyfriend, Ethan in his knights costume. She made her way to the boy and she saw Chad hand him a shot of what looked to be tequila. Before her boyfriend could take the shot, Abby snatched it from him downing it in one gulp.

"My hero" the girl said to Ethan who was now blushing. "Hey Ab!" Chad said loudly in her ear, "Having a good time" "Yep, but it would be better if you danced with me Ethan." that was when the awkward boy said to her, "I can't dance" "neither can I but I still do" The two looked at each other and then laughed.

Ethan laid out his hand for the girl. She let out a huge grin and held it but before she could take him to the dance floor, Anika popped up from behind the corner, patting Chad's shoulder, "Hey big guy, You're needed." 

Wanting to know what was going on, Abby pulled Ethan into the direction Anika and Chad were going in. She noticed Tara following a guy up the stairs leading to a set of bedrooms. The guy looked familiar as he was known for sleeping with drunk girls who weren't sober enough to give consent. So Tara being with him gave Abby a sinking feeling.

"Tara wanna go get some food" Abby said trying to persuade the drunk girl to come down the stairs. "No thanks, get someone else to go with you." Abby's plan had failed so she looked over to Chad. 

"Hey partner" which caught Frankie's attention. "Tara's good down here." "Sorry bro, I didn't catch that." Frankie said being sly towards Chad. "Yeah you did." laughed Chad, Tara had now stepped down the stairs as the tension between the two guys increased.

"No, Chad it's fine. I want to." Tara said trying to push Chad away from her and Frankie. "See Chad, she said she wants to." Frankie turned around walking back up the stairs and as he did so, he pulled Tara backwards making her stumble onto the stairs.

"Hey Hey Hey" said Abby looking towards Frankie. Both Abby and Anika rushed to Tara's aid pulling her off the steps. "Are you okay" asked Anika, but Tara dismissed her as she watched Chad rip Frankie away from the stairs yelling, "How about you get your fucking hands off her!" "Guys stop" Tara said to the two boys who were now in full on brawl.

People from the party began to surround the group including Mindy who was now standing next to Ethan, who made a joke about his costume being very crafty. Sam then entered the party walking straight up to Frankie. "Hi, yeah, sorry to interrupt." "I'm just gonna tase you in the balls real quick."

The boy then crashed to the floor which made Abby slightly concerned but very happy. "Don't you ever touch my sister." Sam said to the boy. People then started to recognise Sam as the crazy psycho chick. This caused Tara to say, "Sam! are you fucking kidding me right now." Tara stormed out of the party and Chad implied the rest of the group to follow.

Ethan passed Abby his jacket which she wore as her costume kept giving a slight chill whenever a breeze would go past. As the group walked down the street away from the party, Anika and Ethan exchanged hats and Abby was now riding on Chads back.