Eight

                                  - Chapter Eight - 

Sam locked the bedroom door behind her just as the killer jumped at it. Sam then yelled to Abby and Mindy to go and close the ensuite bathroom so the killer could not get in through it.

As Abby and Mindy ran through, Mindy noticed Paul's dead body lying in the bathtub. Mindy looked at the corpse before yelling, "Oh my god that guy's dead!" 

Just as Abby approached the door the killer jumped out.

He sliced Abby's arm which led her to fall to the ground holding the wound. The killer was about to enter but as he got through Sam dragged Abby back into the bedroom.

Mindy pushed a set of draws against the door which Sam had locked. Abby rushed over to help Mindy and as she did so, Abby noticed Sam open the bedroom window.

"What are you doing?" Abby yelled towards Sam but she was ignored, Sam then pulled a silver ladder through the window before looking at the two girls who were using their strength to keep the doors closed.

"Come on, we have to go." Sam yelled gesturing the girls to crawl over the ladder. "Someone needs to keep the door closed." Mindy said as she pushed the door firmly.

"Anika should go first." Abby suggested, "No no no, I can't" the girl cried. "Sam go!" Mindy yelled "we'll come straight after."

Sam made her way over the ladder and yelled to the trio to send Anika across. Abby made her way to Anika leaving Mindy to hold the door closed. 

"Anika come on you have to go, Now!" "I'll go next I just need to make sure everyone is safe." Mindy nodded to Abby implying that she should go next. Abby was hesitant but knew she had to go.

Abby made her way through the window breathing in and out slowly. She tried to crawl as quickly as possible but the wound on her arm was heavily bleeding and caused pain for her as she gripped onto the ladder.

When she looked down she noticed that they were really high up and her anxiety had reached its limit. "Come on you can do this." Danny yelled to Abby who was now looking at Sam with her hand waiting for Abby to hold.

When she finally got to the other side she was pulled in by Danny who then yelled for the next person to be sent.

"Anika, Mindy. Come on" Abby yelled as she watched the two sob before Mindy came out the window. As Mindy was making her way across the ladder Abby left Danny's apartment running downstairs to meet up with Tara and Chad.

When Abby made it downstairs she looked into the alley to see Anika's body lay on the ground.

For a brief moment, Abby had stopped breathing. Anika was her best friend and now she was left dead with half of her face covered in blood.

Abby dropped to the floor letting out a heart wrenching sob as Chad and Tara rushed to her aid. The two dropped by Abby's side comforting her as she held her arm. When Abby looked up she saw the killer grab his knife before leaving.

That's when she thought to herself, "I'm going to kill that mother fucker!"