Six

                                    - Chapter 6 -

Abby, Anika and Quinn sat at a lunch table making small chat whilst eating their various different meals. The topic of conversation bounced between Mindy's monologue earlier that morning to the topic of Chad and Tara.

"I can't believe that Chad and Tara might be a thing." Anika said whilst biting down on her sandwich. "I mean good for them, but it's totally unexpected." "Didn't Chad have a girlfriend that died back in Woodsboro?" questioned Abby.

"Well the guy seems to be a player." Quinn said. 

The topic then switched back to the events that happened that morning and to Abby's surprise Anika was the one most upset with it. "I mean we've been dating for months and she suspects me as the killer." "Well if you asked me you got the nicest monologue." Abby said laughing with Quinn.

"Oh god it's Paul!" Anika said putting her head down as he approached the table. "Hey ladies." Paul said as he sat at the table throwing his arm around Quinn. Paul was Quinn's boyfriend but not boyfriend. To him he believed that him and Quinn were together when in reality, Quinn was only ever hooking up with him. 

"Hey babe." Quinn said pushing her cheek forward allowing Paul to kiss it. "So how are you ladies doing." "We're fine Paul, you?" Abby replied not wanting to be rude. "I'm totally cool especially because i'm surrounded by all you hot chicks." Anika turned to face Abby as she motioned being sick at the boys comment.

Paul was always a bit abrupt which meant that most people didn't get along with him. He also always made various different sexual comments towards girls even if Quinn was in hearing distance. Abby never liked the boy and neither did Anika as he always made comments about her sexuality.

"So where's the nerdy boy you're always hanging with?" Paul asked Abby. "Who, my boyfriend?" Abby questioned back. "Sure, you know he is a lucky dude to have someone as hot as you." Paul said making Quinn look at him with a "really" look.  Abby cringed at the comment even though he was right, Ethan was lucky to have someone like her. However her only reply was a quick nod before resuming back to eat her food.

"Oh look it's nerdy boy" "Hey nerdy boy!" Paul yelled at Ethan as he made his way to the table. "Hey guys, Paul." Ethan murmed, "Do you wanna walk for a bit?" Ethan said to Abby who was looking up at him. "Sure" Abby replied, picking up her trash and briefly hugging Anika. "I'll see you guys at the apartment later." Said Abby as she held the hand of Ethan as he directed her out of the cafeteria.

"So how are you feeling about Mindy's idea that we are the killers?"

"I mean sure there are definitely some people that I would want to kill, but i'm not a crazy psychopath." Abby said jokingly.

Ethan had tensed up and was looking down towards the ground. "I'm kidding" Abby said clarifying that she wasn't the killer. "I know you're not the killer." "How do you know that?" Abby asked. "Because if you were, you would've killed Paul by now." "Uhh you know me so well." Abby said as she and Ethan laughed their way down the college campus.

"And uhh I have my business class next, what time do you finish today?" Asked Abby, "I have uh, my economics class later so i'll be at your apartment around 20:00." 

"Okay when you come round make sure to bring a whole heap of chocolate, I don't want Chad to eat most of mine." "Okay I will." Ethan chuckled as he displayed his pinky finger to Abby, she put hers out as well and the two linked. The uniting of the two pinkies was a smaller more meaningful way of telling the other, "I love you" without actually saying it. Ethan kissed Abby's hand as he walked to his class. "I love that boy." Abby whispered turning around and grinning from ear to ear as she made her way to her business class.