58 ¦ Yeosang?

After Sunghoon and I went to the cemetery yesterday, he kept to himself for the rest of the day. He even went to sleep without eating anything, so I was a little worried about him, but I quickly realized that this must be his way of dealing with his feelings.

Lately, Sunghoon has been showing more and more how he feels in my presence, but I have never seen him as devastated as he was yesterday. Just thinking about how bitterly he cried, how much pain over the loss of his mother he still feels, sends a shiver down my spine. But I'm also glad. Glad that he no longer hides his emotions from me, and proud that after all these years he has brought himself to take this difficult step of visiting his mother's grave.

"Lola." Sunghoon's voice brings me back to the here and now. Immediately, I lift my eyes and direct them to my fiancé, who is sitting across from me at the table, holding his cell phone. "You seem thoughtful."

"I was just wondering how you were doing," I reply, eyeing him appraisingly. His full lips form into a smile before he reaches his hand across the table for mine. "I'm fine," Sunghoon tells me, tenderly stroking the back of my hand with his thumb. "Thank you."

"For what?", I ask. "For yesterday," he replies, not taking his eyes off mine. "I don't know if I ever would have done it without you, but I'm glad I did. It was hard for me, but I feel better. I feel relieved... Liberated." For a moment, we are both silent. "I love you," he finally adds.

A smile forms on my lips and as Sunghoon gradually approaches my face across the table to breathe a kiss on my forehead, I close my eyes. "And how are you, my little one?" "I'm fine, too," I reply, nodding affirmatively.

Sunghoon lets go of my hand and turns his brown eyes back to the cell phone he's still holding in his other hand, which just received a message. "Looks like I'll have to go back to the office later," he informs me. He throws his head back and slides down a bit on the chair. An annoyed sigh escapes his full lips before his eyes meet mine again. His facial features soften.

"Most of all, I'd like to spend the day with my beautiful future wife." "You'll have quite a few days of that," I reply, smiling at my fiancé. "I can't wait," Sunghoon enthuses, straightening back up in the chair. He reaches for his cup and downs the rest of his coffee before rising. "I'd better get going right away so I can get home quickly."

"Drive carefully," I ask him. The roads are wet because it's been raining cats and dogs all morning. "Of course," Sunghoon replies, grabbing my hands to pull me up from the chair. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me against his body. With his fingers, he brushes my hair out of my face, his fingertips gently running over my skin.

"I wouldn't risk getting into an accident with my pregnant fiancée waiting for me at home." "Otherwise, you would?", I want to know. Sunghoon laughs softly. "No," he replies, shaking his head. "But you guys are all the more reason not to risk it."

He puts his hands to my stomach and strokes it gently. Gradually his face approaches mine and only moments later his full lips meet mine to kiss me. I return the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck. Sunghoon surrounds my mouth with his lips and soon after I feel our tongues join together.

"I should get going," Sunghoon says after he pulls away from my lips again. "You're right," I regret that fact and want to turn away from him, but Sunghoon wraps his arm around my waist again and pulls me back to him to breathe one last quick kiss on my lips. "See you later, Jagiya," Sunghoon murmurs, moving away from me.

Before he leaves the room, he reaches for his cell phone and within a few seconds I can already hear the front door slamming into the lock. Of course, I would also like it better if Sunghoon stayed here, but this company is his work and even if Sunghoon doesn't say it out loud, I know how important it is to him.