Chapter 5

"You are, and always have been, my dream" -Nicholas Sparks

Kaylee's POV

I was getting ready in the bathroom when someone barged through the door. "Aaaaaa, shit" I turned and looked at Alyssa. I looked at what she was wearing. "What the fuck are you wearing" she looked at her outfit. "I am wearing a dress what's wrong"
     "That dress is a little short, kids are going to be there" I said. "So" I rolled my eyes. "If you like it" I put my hair brush down. We both walked out of the bathroom and went to my living room. "What time are we supposed to be there"
     I checked the time. "About an hour" she slumped her shoulders and plopped down on the couch. "Really" she said. I nodded my head. "If you let me finish I would have told you yesterday" I plopped down beside her. "Let's watch tv" Alyssa grabbed the remote and turned on the tv.
     I checked the time and stood up. "It's time" she turned off the tv and grabbed my arm and pulled me out of our apartment. Yesterday I got a text from him telling me his address.
     When we got to his apartment we stared in awe. "Holly shit" Alyssa said. "I know" she grabbed my hand and we walked through the gate. I knocked on the door. We heard footsteps getting closer and closer to the door. The door opened and on the other side was Nathan.
     "Y'all are here right on time, Ava just finished cooking" he moved from the door and we walked in. He walked with us to the kitchen. I saw them all sitting on the table. Lily and Luke saw me. They jumped up and hugged me. "Kaylee" I bent down.
     "Hey how are y'all" i touched both of there cheeks. I stood up and looked at him. I still didn't know his name. "Come sit beside daddy" Lily grabbed my hand and pulled me to sit beside him. I turned to him and smiled. He just grinned.
     I turned back around and we started eating. The whole time we sat in comfortable silence. I looked over at Nathan and Alyssa. They were whispering talking to each other. I knew they were flirting.
     After a few minutes we all finished eating. "Why did y'all want me to come" I asked lily and Luke. They looked at each other and smiled. They jumped up from there chair and ran to me. I gave them a confused look. They grabbed my arm and pulled me to what I was guessing was there room.
     We were sitting on the floor playing with there toys. "Is this why you wanted me to come" they look at each other and then each other. "Yea, at least someone we like plays with us" i gave them a confused look. "What do you mean, your dad doesn't play with you" they shook there head.
     I stood up and sat beside him. We continued to do what we did earlier. While I was making a Lego thing Lily sat on my lap. "Can I help you" she said. I looked at her. "Of course"

Ash's POV

Me, Nathan and Alyssa was sitting in the living room. The whole time there were talking and flirting. I decided to leave them be and see what the others were doing.
     When I got close to there door I didn't hear anything and I got scared. I was about to run into the room when I saw what was happening. Lily and Luke was sitting on her lap while they play with Lego's. I started to grinned but I stopped myself.
     I stood there for a few minutes until Kaylee looked at me. I started walking more into the room. "It's time for y'all to get ready for bed" they looked up at me. "A few more minutes please"
     "Maybe when y'all get done" they stood up and walked to the bathroom. Kaylee stood up from the ground. "I will wait down stairs" she started walking away from me. I thought she walked out of the room until she said something to me.
     "Hi kids told me something" I turned around to look at her. "Why don't you ever play with your kids" she said. "Why would you ask me that"
     "They said 'at least someone we like plays with us' and I thought that you don't play with them" she was right. I never play with them. "I have a job" I said. "I have a job too but at least I have enough time to play with them"
     "Your a teacher and I am a CEO, you are always with them" she crossed her arms over her chest. "So, you should at least spend some time with your kids" she said.
     "You don't know if I spend time with them or not, and it's not your business" she rolled her eyes. "You never pick up your kids Either"
     "Look leave me and my business alone, and I think you should leave" I said. "I think I should leave too" she turned around and walked away.
Kaylee's POV

I was so angry at him. I walked into the living room and saw Alyssa and Nathan making out. "Eww" they stopped and turned to me. "Come on we are leaving" I walked to her and grabbed her hand. "Why" she gave me a confused look.
     "He is an asshole, I don't want to be here any longer" we walked out the house and gate and got into the taxi. "What happened" she looked at me.
     "Nothing, I just want to go home" I slumped down on the seat.

Ash's POV

When she left the kids left the bathroom. "Where did Kaylee go" I bent down to there level. "She went home" they gave a sad look. "Why"
     "She just wanted to go home and sleep, which you should be doing" they walked away from me and laid on their bed. I thought about what Kaylee said. "How about tomorrow we do something" they sat up excitedly. "Really" I nodded my head.
     "Can Kaylee come" Luke said. "I was hoping it would be the three of us" they thought about it. "Ok" they laid back down. I went to each of them and tucked them in. I turned off the lamp and walked out there room and closed the door.
     I walked down the stairs where Nathan was sitting. "Why did she leave angrily" he said. "She is the one angry, she said I am not with my children" he did say anything.
     "What" I turned to him. "She isn't wrong" I moved away from him. "Really" I said. "You work more than anything"
     "I try to spend time with them" I said. "I am not saying your not, I am just saying that you should not work for a while" I turned away from him.
     He stood up. "Y'all's little argument ruined my night" he said. I rolled my eyes. "Gross" he laughed and walked away.