Chapter 14

"I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it's these things I'd believe in, even If the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything" - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Kaylee's POV

I was wrapping the last of the kids birthday presents when I heard the door open. I quickly hid the toy and turned around only to find Ash. "You really don't want them to see do you" he walked to me.
    "I just don't want them to look, I like to see them surprised" I turned back around and uncovered them. I continued to finish wrapping them.
    He wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled. I moved side to side. "Maybe you should help me" I said. "I bought them you wrap them"
    "Can we open the presents early" Lily said. "Nope" I said. "You have to wait, your grandparents wants to see you open them"
    "Will we have a lot more presents" Luke said. "Yep" they clapped exciting.
    About 2 hours later there grandparents came. "How are my baby's" ash's mother said. The kids ran up to them. "Granny"
    "Y'all know I hate when y'all call me granny it makes me sound old" she said. "But you are old"
    Her husband came walking in behind her holding the kids presents. Ash walked over to him and helped his father with the presents.
    "And who is this lovely lady" she started walking towards me. "You're so pretty, I remember when I was this pretty"
    "You are still beautiful" she smiled. "I am not but thank you for the compliment" she walked to the couch. She patted the empty spot next to her. "Come"
    I sat down beside her. "So your my sons girlfriend" I nodded my head. "You love him"
    "Mom don't" I heard Ash from behind me. "I just want to make sure, you know girls use rich men for money" what she said really hurt me.
    " Excuse me I need to use the restroom" I got up from the couch and walked up the stairs and went to the bathroom.
    I shut the door and leaned against it. A few minutes later I heard a knock on the door. I turned around and opened it to find Ash. I moved back so he could come in.
    Once he was in the bathroom with me he shut the door without turned around. "Don't let what my mom said get to your head"
    "Don't worry I am not" he walked up to me and hugged me. We heard another knock on the door. He let go of me and opened it.
    "I hope I am not in the middle of thing" Ash's mom said. "No your not" we walked out of the bathroom.
    "I am sorry about what I said earlier" she said. "It's fine"
    "Are you sure I want to make sure" she said.
    "I am sure" she smiled and I smiled back. "Now it's the kids day let's have fun" she grabbed my arm and we walked down the stairs.
The kids were opening there last presents. "It feels like Christmas" Luke said. "You basically get two christmases" I said. "Daddy I am hungry" Lily said.
Right on time Mary came from behind a corner. "Dinner is ready" we all got up and went to the table. "You should really cook" Mary came with the plates. "Do you like this job" Lori grabbed Mary hand. "Yea" she pulled her hand away and walked away.
"Happy birthday to you" we all sang. We clapped while they blowed out the candles.

Ash's POV

I helped the kids out there toys in there room. "When is your birthday" I stood up and turned to see Kaylee. "About a month" I picked up the last box and dumped it in there toy box. ""I have enough time to think of something for you" she walked over to me.
"I only want one thing" I said. "And what would that be" she wrapped her arms around my neck. "You and the kids" she got on her tippy toes and kissed me.
"Not in front of my stuff animals" we let go and turned to the door and saw Lily. She ran past us and went to her bed. She tried to cover her stuff animals faces. "There just kids" Kaylee laughed and walked away from me.
She walked to where Lily was sitting. "That can't be the grossest thing they have seen" she said.
"You said that daddy's kisses are gross" Lily said. "Daddy she said your kisses are gross" I crossed my arms over my chest. "I heard" I turned and walked out of the room acting mad.
I sat on the bed waiting for Kaylee to come. She walked in the room a few minutes later. "Your not really mad are you" she said. She walked and stood in between my legs. I wrapped my arms around her waist. "Nope"
"Good, because I love your kisses" she bent down and kissed me. She pulled away after a few minutes. We walked down the stairs to see my parents picking up there stuff. "Where y'all going" i said.
They turned towards us. "Our house is an hour away" My mom said. "I thought y'all was going to stay the night"
"I love your kids but I don't think I can sleep in the same house" they walked towards us. "And we also have to meet your brother and his girlfriend" my mom walked to Kaylee.
"It was nice meeting you" she said. "It was nice meeting you too" my mom walked up to her and hugged her. Kaylee hugged back. About a minute later my mom let her go. We all walked to the door. "Don't make her work everyday"
She pointed towards Mary. "I won't" she hugged me and they left. "Me and your m9 has something in common" Kaylee said. I shut the door and turned towards her. "What" we walked to our room. "I don't like to sleep in the same house with your kids either, I love the, and all but they are loud some nights" we both laughed.