EIGHT

WOO-JIN

WOO-JIN

The woman was stubborn. The kid was right.

For two whole days, she stays out on that ugly scooter, thinking that I can't see her. I own the property, I own everything within twenty miles. Secured. Cameras are everywhere.

She's weird. Stays up all night and day without an ounce of sleep. Keeps herself awake with coffee and energy drinks she possesses in her backpack. A million dollars truly down the damn drain.

Sshibal. (Fuck)

That woman is a problem, and terminating problems is the smart choice, but, it's fun to watch her struggle for some reason. She wants to pay me back that money, ready to pay a couple thousand more if I tell her to, thinking that I would give her brother back on a silver platter. Her brother is worth more to me right now. The kid is a genius. Understands everything in a moment. Tracks thugs in minutes. He's mine now.

I pay, I own.

I sit in my car with my phone clanged to the phone grip on the dashboard. A live recording of her on my screen as she paces back and forth, thinking with that small brain of hers. She even did a whole run around the house to check for any other entrances but she found none. I designed the house. I'm the only one who knows the way in and out. Good luck to her for trying that.

One turn of the key, and she stops because of the voice of my Mustang. Looks at the gate as they open but I don't pay her attention. I'm out the gates and she falls on the ground with a gasp, yelling all colorful profanities at me as I make sure the door closes before she realizes that it was her one chance to get in. She yells at herself in front of the gates, "Stupid, stupid, stupid. Your one fucking chance, Daisy," she starts clapping in sarcasm, "way to fucking go!" Then she stomps her boot on the ground and goes to lean against her pink scooter.

I open the door to the small apartment, going straight for the bedroom and taking the key out of my pocket, unlocking the door.

He's right there, in the dark room, backed up to the corner of the wall on the marble floor. I turn on the lights with the switch outside and raise my brow, "I believe I've given you enough time to think about our deal." He's a tough kid, "I said no." I tilt my head, "No?" And I walk in.

The windows are nailed shut and painted black. No light in this room at all. Everything is black. One shade of black. The walls, the bed, the nightstand, even the lamp with no bulb. No spec of color and that makes a man run wild. He already has dark circles under his eyes and has gone through two days without food or water. Even the room is set to only produce humidity. He's already sweating even though he's down to his underwear, and he's younger. The younger they are, the more body heat they produce. And even through all that he knew to sit on the marble, because marble is always cooler.