THIRTY-NINE

DAISY

DAISY

We were in the same fucking car as her.
My stomach twisted. She sat beside me.
Jin sat at the front.

Her Chanel perfume makes bubbles roam in my stomach and it made me wanna throw up. Jin didn't dare look at me over his shoulder which was on purpose. I knew he wanted to make sure but this is some kind of power play.

As he said before, "You never let them know your weakness. Once they know, consider yourself dead."

She didn't even make conversation when she sat in the car with a large pair of sunglasses perked on her perfect nose.

Don't let her get to you.

The woman was five-two but she carried the intimidation as if she was seven foot tall.

Don't let her get to you. Fuck.

She is first to speak, "I've set all the arrangements for you, Woojin-ah." His jaw strains, "Thank you for the concern but my wife and I prefer to stay at the penthouse." She smiles, "Oh, don't be ridiculous. I've let you stay at the penthouse for a week and now it's my turn to be your host." She looks at me and speaks as if I'm not even here. "She's part of the family now, as you say. She should understand our roots. Our culture. Our work and how we deal with people we don't like."
Even if she wore sunglasses, I never backed down. Keep my eyes on my reflection in those dark shades. My voice never betrayed me, "I'd be honored, Mrs Yang."
Her red lips perk up again.

"Why the fuck are we here?" I say as soon as he closes the door.
He takes a deep breath, holds the collar of his jacket between his teeth, and pulls down the zip with his non-fractured hand.

I'm on my period.
I'm on my period.
I'm on my motherfucking period.

"Because if we didn't, she'd kept hounding us. She's a very stubborn woman, Daisy. And if she doesn't get what she wants, she makes everything hell." He answers calmly. I scoff, "So you want me to dance to her tunes while we're here?"

"No. But I will appreciate the less usage of your sarcasm and tantrums."

"I do not throw a tantrum!"

His brow raises and his head tilts. Fuck, I threw a tantrum.
He stalks towards me and wraps an arm around my waist, pressing me against himself.
His body feels warm against mine and the scent of his sweat and eucalyptus made my hormones go haywire but I scowl to the best ability. The tip of his nose brushes against mine and then he leans his head back to look at me, "I don't like this either but please try to understand, sweetheart."

"We should grab our bags and get the fuck out of here," I said clenching the fabric at his chest. "They made you come and they've seen your face now. Let's fucking go." He shakes his head, "Doesn't work like that."