FORTY-TWO

Make you feel my lovе, oh-oh (Oh)On a dark nightMake you feel my love, oh-oh (Oh)You know I can't leavе you aloneStray kids - Red lights

On a dark night
Make you feel my love, oh-oh (Oh)
You know I can't leavе you alone
Stray kids - Red lights

WOO-JIN

I will shoot everyone.
Whoever made her cry, I will kill them.

I take a sip of the whiskey I poured for myself after putting her to bed and tucking her in. She's been asleep for five hours and I knew better than anyone that she needed it. My head is quiet again and I'm so fucking ready to bring hell on them.

My phone pings and I look at the Lock Screen, at the little notification from Jun-ah.

Open up. I'm outside.

I sighed and walked to open the door. He's drenched because it was pouring outside, but I don't care that he's getting the floor wet. I just go back to drink my whiskey.

He sighs, "I haven't seen you this calm since you went after Yoon's when they tried to kill appa. I saw you drink to command your head to be quiet so you could come up with a plan to destroy the family."

I killed everyone except for that twelve-year-old girl and her mother who had nothing to do with anyone.

I swallow the cool alcohol and let it burn my chest. "Have I ever told you how ridiculous you look with that pink hair?" He smirks and takes off his jacket, running his finger through his hair. I noticed his attire, he wore black cargo pants and a black T-shirt. "You got here from somewhere?" He nods, "I had a client." I scoff, "How's that mercenary job working out for you?"

"It pays good money."

"I bet it does."

Then after a pause, his gaze went to the stairs, to Daisy's clothes that I hadn't cleaned up yet. He asks, "How is she?"

"What do you think?"

"I had no idea she would bring in that video, hyung. I swear."

"I know. I just wish I was a step ahead."

"You're always a step ahead."

"Not this time. I've been fucking up."

"You know how Soomin is. She always finds a way to break you."

"Yeah, and that bitch always win with those moves."

He frowns but I change the subject, "Anyway, I just wanted to thank you and tell you that I owe you." He looks confused now, "For what?"

"For being one call away for me. I know you're out loving your life and you don't care about this shit anymore, but I needed someone who I could trust to protect Daisy."

I had to call him in. He was in Japan for a mission but he left it all when I told him about Daisy and how they found us. He left it all for us.

He shrugs, "You're my hyung. Of course, I'll always be one call away even if you've ghosted me for ten years." I snort, "You have been waiting to say that."