3: Planning and Quirk Part 2

Izuku found his way to the beach with many odd looks from passing people. He stared at the dirty beach and reconsider his thoughts of taking a swim to clean himself. He thought of the stream where Izuku used to play with Bakugo when they were children. That sounds better than getting stuck with a dirty needle.

Back to the forest, it took an hour but he found the stream. He promptly dunked himself in the stream and washed the ash from his skin and clothes. The cool air and water made Izuku shiver a bit before thinking up another experiment.

He held his soaking arm out and released some thermal energy to dry himself. Steam rose from his arm and sleeve. He smiled and did it again with his whole body. Steam covered Izuku and warmth filled him as his clothes dried in a moment.

"So cool!" Izuku gushed to himself.

With that done, he moved on to his plans for getting fit for the exam. He flipped through his notebook and found the exercises that he printed off the internet. He began by jogging at the forest's edge on the sidewalk. He wanted to focus on speed and less on strength. He was already lean and had alright stamina but more is better.

The weekend passed with him sore and more experiments with his quirk, he needs a name for it. He played around with electricity the next day and found out it was hard to aim with it. He could release it through his body like the other energies but using it to blast something make the electricity arc out in every direction. He had to put out small fires when the lighting struck in random places. While powerful, it was unreliable and erratic. At short range, he could spray electricity everywhere but he wanted to shoot lightning like the cartoons of old. Watching cartoons with lightning shooting fire benders didn't help but it did give him the idea of looking up how lighting decides to strike during a storm.

From what he understood was that lightning found the easiest path and followed it. The amount of positive charge on a target will determine where the lightning will strike. So with some experiments, he figured that if he pulled the static from his target and then released lightning through it then he is more likely to hit his target with lightning. He laughed like a madman when it worked successfully the first time. There will always be static in the air and he can use it as a conduit for his lightning to travel to hit his target. Unfortunately, he used all the electricity he had stored. So throughout the day, he kept absorbing static energy, and drop by drop he felt electricity build up in his core.

Izuku got ready for school and dreaded what will come. While he did feel better about having a quirk. It wouldn't help if he killed someone. Although, if Katsuki died, would it be a bad thing? No, then he would have to become a villain or vigilante. Not part of his plan.

The day went on as usual with the sneers and mocking throughout the day. He hated it but he bid his time and hoped that the people he sent the evidence to did something. He didn't trust them but it was a long shot. Class after class students and teachers looked at him with derision and pushed him around. Lunch came and he moved to the library. He had learned from experience not to bring lunch. Someone will eventually steal it, dump it, or ruin it in some way. So he instead ate breakfast and a large dinner to make up for skipping lunch.

Izuku sat in his corner where he could look out the window and could see the door from his angle. The librarian ignored him so that was worth something. Lunch ticked by and Izuku read one of a book about lightning storms. It didn't help much but it was better than nothing.

Izuku rested his eyes from the book with small letters and looked out the window. He raised an eyebrow at what he saw. Dozens of police officers and SWAT teams were rounding the corner of the school walls. Leading the first squad was a man that Izuku recognized immediately from his profile online. Detective Naomasa Tsukauchi was a great detective with his quirk of Lie Detected.