30: Internships

Everyone that passed the second phase stood waiting to see their results of the exams. Many were anxious to see their name on the screen saying they passed and would receive a provision license. Tooru stood next to Izuku wringing her hands and had a scrunched-up face in worry. Izuku set his hand on hers to calm her down and smiled reassuring to her. A few moments later, the screen lit up and everyone had their focus on it. There were many cries of joy and some cries of disappointment.

Izuku found his name and felt the weight fall off his shoulders. He had passed and so had everyone in his gang of friends. Tooru lept for joy and threw her arms around Izuku's neck. He caught her and held her tight. Most of his class had also passed, except for Todoroki. Bakugo had also passed but it was by a close margin, one point lower and he would have failed like Todoroki.

When everyone had calmed down, they went through the process to get their licenses and then board the bus to head back to the dorms. The atmosphere in the bus was at a high because of the success of everyone. They gave some apologies to Todoroki but he didn't seem to mind it as much.

"I made a mistake during the exam and it cause me to fail. I will do better next time." Todoroki said with conviction.

"What happened? It was that tall bald guy, wasn't it?" Mina asked.

He nodded. "He took the UA recommendation exam but chose Shiketsu High School instead. He said I had the same expression my father had and didn't much like the man either and he grouped me up with him." He explained.

"Your father is an ass." Izuku nodded.

Todoroki gave the faintest of smiles. "You only went to my father's agency for energy, didn't you?"

"Used him like a battery, a good battery." He sighed in remembrance.

The gang snickered at their leader using the now number-one hero as a fuel source. The rest of the trip back to the dorms was quiet enough. The class had dinner together and relaxed in the common room. Izuku pulled out a book he had been reading and let Tooru snuggle under his arm while watching TV like the majority of the class was. Izuku caught the eye of Yayoruzo trying to see what he was reading. He moved the back for her to see and her eyes gleamed.

"Midoriya, would you be open for me to borrow that once you are done? I have a collection you might like in return." Yayoruzo asked with hope.

Izuku smiled and nodded. "Alright, I have a few as well."

The class subtly turned their attention back to the TV and rested for the rest of the dimming light. There were croaks from Tsuyu in contentment as she soaked in the thermal energy Izuku emitted for both Tooru and himself. She hadn't spoken to Izuku but everything she had seen of him was good. He was only hard on those he didn't like. Tokoyami was in the same boat as Tsuyu and enjoyed Izuku's company but the group of friends was too rowdy for his tastes. The rest of the class also began to have an understanding of the powerful boy and his attitude to many things. All except for two, Bakugo and Iida.

Iida still had negative feelings toward the green-haired boy for stopping what he had planned and to a much lesser extent Todoroki. Bakugo had been going to mandatory therapy to fulfill a condition to be allowed to join UA. He had his mindset changed a lot and didn't know what to do with the boy he had tortured for over a decade. Kirishima was reluctant to stay by his side but stuck with him when he saw Bakugo was trying to change.

Kirishima nudged Bakugo to go and the blond gritted his teeth. He walked over to Izuku. "Can we talk in private?" Everyone's eyes were on him except Izuku's.

"No." The green-haired boy said simply.

His gang of friends looked back at Bakugo after Izuku's answer. They were very familiar with what kind of relationship the two had and they didn't like the blond at all. Kirishima winced at the wall Izuku had thrown up as Bakugo tried to make progress.