42: Building for the Festival

Izuku carried Eri back to the dorms on his back. She was still drowsy from her nap earlier and he took pity upon her and gave her a piggyback ride. She buried her face into the back of his shirt as he emanated low heat to make her feel more comfortable.

Izuku's mind was back on the topic of One for All and how it could be killing Mirio. He could understand if he used it improperly which caused his health to decline such as breaking bones constantly while using the quirk but if the quirk is just killing him while he holds then there must be something they weren't seeing. His immediate solution was to hand it off to someone they could trust and if they showed the same effects then they had more information. Maybe it requires a person with a compatible quirk or body to keep All for One.

Then he thought about Yagi Toshinori while he held the quirk. He was quirkless and he held it for over forty years and he showed no symptoms that Mirio had. From what Nezu said, it was a stockpile quirk which from what Izuku could guess had a lot of energy built up. He almost salivated at the idea of gaining that kind of energy and experimenting with it with the others he had in his core. Maybe even enhance them like it did to Mirio's quirk.

He shook his head to focus on the subject he was thinking about. The motion caused Eri to let out a large yawn and Izuku looked over his shoulder to see her rubbing her eyes. He smiled warmly at her and continued his trek to the dorms where the rest of his friends waited.

With some difficulty, he got the doors open and walked into the common room to hear his classmates discussing what they should do for the School Festival. He walked to an open spot on one of the couches and squatted down for Eri to sit on. He felt her shuffle off his back and onto the couch. He turned to pat her head gently with a smile.

"Good nap?" He asked.

She let out another yawn while nodding. "You're warm." She mumbled.

He chuckled softly. "I figured you'd like that. You hungry?" He asked as he stood up.

She shook her head and pulled her backpack around to open it. "I have homework." She said opening it.

"You need help?" He sat beside her on the couch to see what Nezu had given her.

"I got it."

"Alright. Let me know if you need anything." He patted her head again and stood up to join the rest of his class to see what they decided on for the Festival.

He walked closer just in time to hear Denki say. "-and with Izuku's help it will be pitch black!" Mina beside him nodded emphatically.

"With my help?" Izuku said with a raised eyebrow.

Everyone turned to him. Denki and Mina immediately bolted up to him and grabbed each hand with gleaming eyes. "Yes!" They said in unison.

"No! It's still not decided!" Kyouka jabbed an earlobe into Denki's arm to let a surprised Izuku go.

Tooru's invisible hand slapped Mina's hand away and hooked her arm with his. "Mine."

"Haunted house isn't a bad idea." Yayoruzo piped in while tapping a pen on her chin in thought.

"I like it." Tsuyu said next to Uraraka. "My class did them when I was in middle school and it was enjoyable."

Izuku just listened as they argued about what to do for the festival. He felt comfortable with Tooru's arm around his arm and thought about his past experiences with School Festivals. To say the least, it was never fun. So instead of thinking about his past school, he focused on his present class arguing against Sato setting up a pastry stand since it would set on his shoulders too much. They liked the idea of a petting zoo that Kouda brought up but the logistics of a variety of animals would be a mess. By the end of the discussion, they were split between three options. A haunted house and a concert. After finding out that some people could play some instruments the idea of a concert was more feasible but that would hinge on whether or not they wanted to play for the public.