47: Classes Clash

"How do you all believe you did?" Aizawa said to group A who had just won their battle against 1B.

"Amazing! It's a wonder how I haven't graduated early." Denki said pompously while combing his hair to the side.

Aizawa narrowed his eyes at the arrogance but moved on when Tsuyu spoke. "While we didn't choose a leader, I believe we did very well together."

"I didn't do too much other than support but I felt good about my performance," Shinso added.

Kirishima tossed his arm around Shinso's shoulder. "None of that! You did great, you took out two of the big hitters. Without you, Shiozaki would have taken us all out." He said beaming.

The group talked about their performances in the trial as Vlad King scolded his group. Izuku meanwhile was taking mental notes about the trials that just concluded. He could see many scenarios in which 1B won or how 1A could have done better. He also put himself into a scenario where he would battle against the first 1B team.

While he was in his mental world, Mina smirked at his usual antics and let him be. She had grown used to her friend's behavior and sometimes even tried to follow along with his muttered conversation but always ended up losing track of what was going on. She was fine with that instead, she made her way next to the gravity girl and began to gossip and make small talk with the newest addition to their growing gang.

The next combat trial was set to begin and everyone not participating focused on the screens. Yaoyorozu, Tokoyami, Yuga, and Tooru against Kendo, Manga, Komori, and Kuroiro.

"You think your girl will win?" Mina bumps shoulders with Izuku in question.

Izuku hums in thought. "Possibly. Both Kendo and Yaoyorozu will take the lead and have good heads on their shoulders but I believe 1B will win unless they take out Komori quickly. She is pretty terrifying once you think about her quirk. If she is let to work her quirk then there will be mushrooms that knock people out everywhere. Unless Yaoyorozu lets loose and begins to make truly nasty countermeasures against Komori. And I don't know how Kuroiro's quirk will react with Dark Shadow. I haven't seen too much of Manga's quirk so that will be interesting to see. As for Yuga and Tooru, in a direct fight, Yuuga will be good range support with Tooru sneaking to take out targets of opportunity. But, again, that will be difficult with Komori in the field."

Mina nodded along with his observations. When he finally finished giving his assessments, she spoke. "So first, quickly take out the mushroom girl and they might have a chance. If not, Yaomomo would need to pull out the big guns to win even though I don't think she would."

Uraraka looked between the two, still getting used to Izuku's tactical mind. "I think I understand." Mineta nodded in agreement.

The battle started with Tooru getting rid of her boots and gloves and shooting off into the dark of the area. Meanwhile, Tokoyami moves forward with Dark Shadow scouting ahead. The quirk quickly comes back and attacks Tokoyami. It's revealed that Kuroiro had taken control of Dark Shadow. Yaoyorozu tries to contain the quirk but it's no use and creating light to subdue Dark Shadow would only weaken their team while providing shadows for the opponent. Kuroiro makes his move and grabs Yuga to capture him. He is dragged away as Tokoyami gives pursuit.

As they battled it out, Tooru slipped behind the battle to find Komori and Kendo moving forward. The two spoke as they moved and Tooru made her move. Silently as she could she stuck Komori three times. She then sent a blinding light everywhere causing the two to become disoriented at the sudden attack. Kendo tried to grab Komori and get out of there with her quirk but she swung at nothing in her attempt to grab Komori. Tooru grabbed the smaller girl and quickly knocked her out while dragging her away to capture her. Kendo shouted in frustration as their plan B was ruined.