15: Yeild

Izuku and Kaminari return to the student stands with arms full of snacks just in time for the match between Tokoyami and Bakugo to start. As he has expected, Tokoyami didn't last long with Bakugo's explosion lighting up the area. Dark Shadow did take a page from Uraraka playback and tore up the ground to launch debris at Bakugo. It delayed him only slightly enough for the quirk to try again but Bakugo was faster and landed on Tokoyami.

The gang of friends ate their snacks as they watched the last match before the finals. Tooru gave Izuku a beaming smile in thanks for the food and both Kaminari and Mina smirked at the greenette's small blush while talking to their invisible friend.

Meanwhile, Aizawa was cursing in his head because of the upcoming match. Nezu had already called him to warn Midnight and Cementoss. He had struggled to press the mic button on the staff's headsets but he managed finally.

"Nem, be very vigilante in the next match." Aizawa's voice was muffled by the bandages but went through enough to be understood.

"What? Expecting an attack?" Midnight looked around casually in the stands for any danger.

"Should we call off the match?" Cementoss butted in.

"Not an attack, Midoriya, and Bakugo have some bad history."

Midnight snorted. "Come on, sho. It's not like in past years never had anything similar. They'll just fight it out and then they will be like nothing ever happened."

"Not the same, be ready to stop the match." Aizawa let go of the comms button and Midnight thinned her lips in concern.

Bakugo was given fifteen minutes to rest between the semifinals and the finals, he spent them in the waiting room. Meanwhile, Izuku finished his snacks with his friends.

"No, I prefer the teriyaki." Izuku decided. "I mean sweet and sour is alright but I like this one better."

"Nah, barbecue is where it's at." Mina wiped her face with a napkin.

"Eh, Midoriya shouldn't you be getting down there?" Sero pointed down to the field.

"I'll be there when they call my name." He said cryptically.

Tooru narrowed her eyes at him and pinched his arm. "What are you planning?"

"Stop that and nothing. I'm not 'planning' anything." He rubbed where she had squeezed his skin together.

Just at that time, Midnight called Izuku to the stage. Izuku got up from his seat, kicked off his shoes, and then jumped off the railing from the student's stands. He heard a few shouts of panic from his friends and classmates but with a small release of kinetic through his feet, he landed near where he should have. The crowd loved that and cheered louder. As for his friends, Kaminari and Mina cheered along, Sero clapped, and Tooru glared daggers at him. He gave an apologetic smile towards her and then turned to where Bakugo was walking on stage.

Bakugo was glaring across the stage toward Izuku. For his part, he looked calmly back at his tormentor for the past ten years. His placid face hid the roiling anger and loathing toward the blond before him.

"Do you remember the rules?" Midnight looked to Bakugo for an answer and he nodded.

Then she looked at Izuku. "Loss by ring out, tapping out, unconsciousness, or can't continue. No lethal attacks and no unsportsmanlike actions. I remember them perfectly." Midnight gave Izuku another look as if she was trying to read him but Izuku revealed nothing.

"Correct, we will stop the match if you break any rules or we decide things have gone too far." Midnight reiterated. "Let the final match start!"

Izuku and Bakugo stared at each other for a full ten seconds. Izuku showed nothing on his face and Bakugo was giving Izuku a deeper scowl by the second. The first move was by Izuku taking a step forward and then another. He walked forward until he reached the five steps and then Bakugo acted by launching forward with a yell and blasted Izuku. He didn't dodge or react in any way as the explosions covered him. Bakugo didn't let up as he twisted around and struck at Izuku's back. Again and again, Bakugo moved around Izuku as he blasted him from any angle he could. After a full minute of this, Bakugo backed off to see the results.