33: Rescue

Izuku returned to the dorms ahead of the others he left with. It was close to dark when he opened the doors to the common room where most of his classmates were. He had calmed down for the most part but his thoughts kept going back to earlier that day and most importantly, Eri. He greeted his friends when they waved to him but his tight smile was a dead giveaway to his emotions. Tooru pulled Izuku to the open sofa and he sighed as he sat down.

"Sorry, just learned some things during the internship that bothered me, a lot." He said looking down. "And I don't think I'm allowed to tell you guys, not until it's past."

Everyone nodded their heads and knew what their leader meant. They all had learned in school that sometimes there would be things they wouldn't be able to tell each other or loved ones due to security. Tooru hooked their arms together and leaned on him. The other began to talk to him about what he had missed while he was gone. It wasn't much but Izuku was grateful for their efforts.

A few days passed with Izuku gritting his teeth with each day that passed with Eri still getting hurt in the Shie Hassaikai compound. He went to his patrol with Fat Gum every day but Izuku could tell the hero was getting close to exploding due to the wait for the raid. Suneater looked more depressed than usual and it was clear to see it was due to Mirio being down from guilt.

"How much trouble would we be in if we raided the compound ourselves?" Izuku asked one day out of the blue to Fat Gum.

He looked surprised at the question and shook his head reluctantly with a small smile. "As tempted as I am to say 'let's do it' and charge in there. We would risk the chance of letting many of them get away and then regroup somewhere else. That's not to mention, we would need to find Eri with everyone against us."

Izuku was quiet for a moment and then asked. "What if we just wait for Eri to leave the compound and we snatch her up and I turn the compound to slag." He said darkly.

Fat Gum froze and so did Tamaki. They both turned to stare at Izuku. Tamaki remembered what his underclassmen revealed about his fight with Muscular and how it ended. The shy student wasn't so sure if Izuku was joking or not. Fat Gum was similarly thinking of what his file said about him and his previous 'unstable' nature.

"Heroes kill only when it's necessary, not when it's the easier solution." Fat Gum lectured softly and stared at his plate of food. Izuku only hummed noncommittally to him and kept eating his snack.

It was a sunny day when the raid was to start. Izuku stared at the compound through the screen as he waited with Fat Gum who was also anxious to start already. Tamaki had already eaten what he needed for his quirk and stared with the same anxious energy as Fat Gum. They had been briefed already about every important member of the Shie Hassaikai including the two members of the League of Villians that joined for a reason the heroes weren't sure of yet.

The police gave their go-ahead and the operation started with a knock on the door. It burst open with the help of one of the members of the Eight Bullets. Flux jumps up with kinetic energy and absorbed the impact of one of the police officers who were launched back from Rikiya. He landed softly and Eraserhead caught the other one before he was injured. Ryukyu transformed into her dragon form and fought head-on with the Yakuza lieutenant. Everyone else was ordered to rush in through the busted open entrance and proceed with the operation.

Flux ran alongside the others as they followed Sir Nighteye to a dead-end where it was revealed to be a secret door after a push of a button. More Yakuza members charged out but they were dealt with quickly by Bubble Girl and Eraserhead. They were stopped again at a dead-end at the end of the corridor they ran through after the staircase. Lemilion phased his head through the wall in front of them and then pulled back and punched the wall to reveal the rest of the passageway. They soon stopped again due to the room warping around. Izuku recognized Mimic's quirk and was beginning to grow frustrated at the idea of losing Eri and letting Overhaul continue his experiments.