4: Entrance Exam

Izuku was on the roof of his apartment and he was looking over the edge. He inhaled and then exhaled and then ran and leaped off the roof. He plunged seven stories and landed on the dark street without a sound other than his shoes scraping on the ground. He exhaled again and pumped his fist in success. It took a long time for him to shut up his money brain and leap without hesitation. He found the idea of leaping off enormous heights only to land without even having to bend his knees, very cool looking.

Izuku made his way to the woods again to practice his stealth skills. With the combination of absorbing light and sound, he moved in absolute darkness. Then, he focused on thermal energy with his sixth sense and he was practically invisible. Except for the large globe of void moving across the woods without a sound.

He smiled and genuinely laughed at the scenario of him sneaking around with a void suit covering him. He has plans for that but it's difficult to keep what he absorbs limited to close to his skin. He has managed an arm that was shrouded in the lightless void but more than that was difficult.

He made it to his clearing and looked around at the destruction. Trees were dead or dying from getting frozen over and over again. Piles of ash were in random locations and craters filled the area from his kinetic blasts. He had come far with his quirk and its application for it.

He sat down and focused on his sixth sense and focused again on the thermal aspect. He has practiced with heat sense the most. Looking around, he could see clearly with thermal vision. While he couldn't 'see' he could feel where heat was and wasn't.

He had practiced combining different elements to see if they had any effects but the only one that truly had potential was thermal and lightning. When he released them together, it made a plasma-like substance that was hard to control in large quantities. Thermal energy could be contained and then released to produce a blast of fire or heat but plasma didn't want to follow the same rule set. Lightning was more like point-and-shoot if Izuku wants to hit anything accurately. While he didn't necessarily need to aim with his hands it made things easier. He had tried to blast thermal through his elbow and chest and they were successful but lightning didn't want to stay on course without guidance.

Absorbing multiple energies at the same time had also been successful. While using thermal energy he was practically immune because he absorbed what hit him. It didn't protect him from kinetic energy. So he had to split his focus on releasing thermal and absorbing kinetic for protection. How did he practice this? By running into trees as he blasted rocks in the clearing, very dignified.

It was one week away from the UA entrance exam and he was as prepared as he could be. His thermal energy reserves were still not at capacity, he could hold more. Electricity energy was low since he couldn't go around draining the country's electric energy. Kinetic was alright, ever since he began jumping off roofs he has gotten a steady supply of kinetic energy. Sound and light both were low but they wouldn't be hard to absorb if need be.

He had passed his last year of online school long ago and had too much free time for his health. His body was lean and very fit from his daily routine and diet. Now all he had to do is wait for the exam.

Three days before the exam, Izuku sat next to the window as he read one of his books. It was almost midnight and the weather forecast said there will be a storm coming in soon. He put his book down and stared at the roiling dark clouds with lightning arcing through them sporadically.

"I'm fine with thermal. I can pass with thermal and kinetic. There is no need for more." He mumbled to himself, trying to convince himself that his plan wasn't idiotic.

"I'm going to fucken die. I can turn back anytime." He spoke to himself as the wind threatened to knock him over. He couldn't let an opportunity slip out of his fingers. So he stood at his clearing in the woods with menacing clouds overhead.