Chapter 2: Earn a little points

Shiroi's PoV

During my walk to class, I notice people's gazes trailing after me, once again. Their unblinking stares and whispered conversations continue to make me feel self-conscious. In comparison to my experience at St. Freya, their stares now seem more intense and lingering. I am particularly put off by the boys' attentions; it feels as though they view me as nothing more than a piece of eye candy.

Once inside, I am greeted with a similar situation, with every person in the room directing their gaze towards me. As I locate my designated seat, I realize I am positioned next to a familiar figure. The figure's back and hair color, a distinct lilac, serve as the tell-tale clues which allow me to identify the person in question. Her cane is another distinctive aspect confirming my suspicions.

I walk in complete silence towards her, without making a sound. I cover her eyes with both hands, saying, "Now, now, who am I~?" I ask in a playful tone, eliciting her giggles.

"Fufufu... You still enjoy engaging in such games, don't you, Shi-chan?" Arisu says with a mischievous smile, her eyes twinkling with amusement as I uncover her vision.

"Mhm... It's been too long, Ari-chan." I respond, unable to completely extinguish my playful expression.

"Three years, one month and five days, to be exact," Arisu responds in her distinctively sweet, high-pitched voice. It is a tone that never fails to awaken my affection.

"Really? I thought it was three years, one month, five days, four hours, twenty-eight minutes and forty seconds. I can be even more precise if you wish, Ari-chan." I say with a joyful chuckle and a small, gentle smile. She seems pleased with my display of playfulness.

As I take my seat, I overhear the gossip from my classmates, who make little effort to keep their whispers discreet. They might discuss my being Arisu's beloved big sister, given our shared physical traits, such as our similar eye color, though with varying degrees of brightness.

As soon as I turn to face Arisu, I am struck by her familiar smug expression, which is only enhanced by her sweet, high-pitched voice. Inquiring, "Well, well. I didn't think you would go to this school until I heard your name, that you passed the entrance exam with flying colors. Are you here for the masterpiece or for me?" Arisu queries with her usual smug, though there is an alluring quality to it that makes her even more endearing.

The playful exchange, combined with Arisu's charming, childlike appearance, elicits a smile from me. In spite of her mature demeanor and intellectual prowess, I can't help but perceive her as a loli. 

Arisu's demeanor seems to become more stern as I mentally categorize her as a 'loli.' Still, the stark contrast between her petite appearance and sharp intellect is endearing in its own right.

Anyway.

With a playful smirk, I lift her chin with my index finger and lean my face toward hers, just a scant few centimeters away, making my smile all the more charming. 

"I was drawn to this school because it seemed exciting." I say flirtatiously, my voice infused with an air of casual confidence, "But I don't mind if you want to think I'm here for you, my dear Ari-chan~"

I smile mischievously as I notice the color rising in Arisu's face. It's always a pleasure to see my dear childhood friend reacting to my playful taunts. With a gentle touch of my index finger, I lift her chin and lean closer to her, almost as if I intend to kiss her. Our faces are now separated by only an inch.

As I witness her crimson expression and observe the reactions of the other students around us, I understand that our interaction has attracted some attention. I briefly scan the room and notice that some of our peers appear to be blushing or even gasps, perhaps as a result of their misinterpretations.