IV. Halloween Party

Chapter 4,
    Halloween Party
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   As Daphne walked through the streets, she found herself walking by a crime scene. After everything that had happened to her and the others, Daphne took her phone off and called Mika. Needing and wanting to check in on her, but to no avail.

  "You know you're supposed to answer the phone when I call, please get back to me Mik." Daphne left the voicemail and continued to walk faster.

  Little did the older sister know that her younger sister was at a Halloween party, getting shitfaced drunk with her best friend, Mikaela. Alaska and Aurora watching every so often, but not too much.

   Once she got to the apartment, Daphne grabbed her keys and unlocked all four locks, before walking in. As she hooked her keys onto the small coat rack, she removed her jacket and set it up too. Daphne walked down the hall but stopped mid-way, as she heard banging on the wall. All the fears that she felt last year, had rushed back in as she slowly walked back, but they went away once she heard moaning.

  "Riley?" Daphne called out, as she shook her head with a small smile playing on her lips. There was an audible annoyance on the boy's part but was quickly hushed by Riley, who came out of the room with a robe on.

  "Were we being too loud?" Riley asked as her cheeks tinted a slight pink, before standing by the bedroom door.

  Daphne chuckled before shaking her head, she only just arrived at the house so she was lucky to hear a tiny part of the slumber party Riley was having. 

  "Have you seen Mika, or Mikaela?" Daphne asked, getting straight to the point. Riley stood silent as she avoided eye contact with her roommate.

  After a moment of silence, Riley took a deep breath and then sighed, she knew that Mika and Mikaela were very special and close to Daphne and her heart. 

  "Don't be mad at me."

 "Why would I be mad at you?"

"Because you get mad at me, like a lot.." Riley responded, thinking back at all of the times Mika and Mikaela had to restrain the older girl friend attacking her for reasons that won't be brought up.

 "Is that Mikey?" Daphne asked as she moved her head to look over to see who the boy in the room was.

  Riley's face dropped as she moved out of the bedroom completely and closed the door, ignoring the boy's question who the fuck is Paul. 

  "Life, that I have found, has many varieties." Riley smiled as she walked past Daphne and into the kitchen, causing the older girl to giggle a bit.

  "Can you tell me where Mika and Mikeala are now?" Daphne asked as she handed Riley her mail.

  "She may or may not have went to the Omega Kappa Beta Halloween party.." Riley confessed as she looked at Daphne, who was now getting annoyed.

 "I begged her not to go to that!" 

 "And we have arrived at mad." Riley stated as she walked backwards, creating some distance between the two, just in case.

  Daphne sighed and calmed down a little bit, before asking her if Mika and Mikaela had at least grabbed their pepper spray and taser. However Riley looked around and slowly said that she was unsure how much weapons they were carrying.

 The two girls walked out of the kitchen and into the dining room, where there was a bowl that had tasers. Daphne grabbed one, but upon doing so, she found herself gawking at the cute boy who stood in front of the window shirtless.

 "Ooh are we staring at cute boy again?" Riley asked teasingly, as she looked at the window before looking back at her roommate.

  Daphne smiled slightly before looking away as she was caught staring, Riley was more concerned as to why her love life was dead. The older girl just was not ready to put herself right back out there again, seeing as to what happened last year.

  "I'm going to go find my sisters, I will see you later." Daphne shouted as she walked over to the door and unlocked it, leaving the apartment.

 Tonight, was the night, things were going to be said, and not in a good way.