🩸Melted (pt.11)🩸

‼️TW: Homophobia (slurs)‼️

(A/N, just barely breaking 3,000 words with this chapter which feels like a lot to me lol. Thank you for the recent support as well, it warms my heart to see y'all enjoying reading the story as much as I am enjoying writing it! Anyways :) have fun!)

"Cleo?" I woke up and rubbed my eyes.
The sun was peeking under the blinds. I looked to the side where she was usually lying next to me.

But she wasn't there.

I quickly sat up and scanned my bedroom. She must've woken up after I'd fallen asleep and carried me back home.

There wasn't any sign or trace of her.

Had she left me?

My heart began to beat rapidly as my breathing increased. I swiftly got up and yanked my door open, running down the stairs. Father was sitting on the couch, but asking him was a last resort.
I was out of breath searching for her in every possible place around my house. She was nowhere.

Eventually, I forced myself to ask my father.

"H-have you seen her?" I panicked.
He just side eyed me. "Outside."

A gasp escaped through my lips. My heart nearly stopped beating as I sprinted outside.

Outside was where the sun was shining brightly, viciously beaming through every window in the house.

She was right outside the front door, limbs sprawled out drowning in a puddle of her own melted pasty flesh.

My pupils dilated, terrified at the sight.

"Shit." I clapped my hand over my mouth, sucking in a deep breath through clenched teeth.

Cleo was passed out with a blank expression on her face. It looked like she wouldn't be waking up any time soon, if at all.
I grabbed onto her wrists and dragged her back inside. I held her limp body in my arms on the floor by the door. My hands were sticky.

My father looked over at me from the couch, a smile slipping from his lips.

I lifted the zipper from her jacket and jammed it into my forearm, slicing it across my skin, drawing blood.

His eyes widened, shocked. "What the hell, Marine?!"

"I'm going to wake her up," I whispered, mostly to myself.

I put my arm right up to her nose. She seemed somewhat responsive to the blood, jittering when the smell hit her.

But it still wasn't working. Her eyes didn't open.

I put my arm down and quickly shot my fingers up to her neck, frantically searching for a pulse. I didn't even know if a vampire's pulse could be found in their neck.

But I was sure of one thing.
She was going to wake up.

My fingers darted around the area, pressing down.
There it was. Slow, seeming to fade in and out.

I used every ounce of strength in me to pull her up the stairs and push her up onto my bed.
My fingers ran through her hair, tears prickling in my eyes, threatening to fall at any moment. My heart beat so fast and my brain hurt trying to think of something, anything that could help.

I definitely needed backup.

There was only one person I knew that could possibly help.

Quickly investigating my closet, I grabbed a sweatshirt I'd stolen from Cleo and ran back outside. Into the forest I went.