4.1 • The Babybump

“Maheen Jabbar is a renowned Indian vlogger who has travelled more than a hundred countries in the last ten years. She is one of the first Indians to gain popularity on YouTube. Many times Maheen has openly talked about her strained relationship with her family. She has openly admitted that her family had disowned her. And she has talked about her love life too. She was dating a guy in her college days but parted ways with him because their priorities were different. Maheen wanted to travel the world but her ex-boyfriend wanted to take care of his family. But Maheen had suddenly disappeared from social media six months ago. Some people are saying her family forced her to do so. While some are speculating that something bad has happened with Maheen. In her last video Maheen had told her viewers that she won't be vlogging for a while but didn't specify the time she will be away from social media. What do you think has happened? Has Maheen left social media? Is her family behind all this? Do comment your thoughts and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more such content.”

Ayan put down his phone and looked around the cafeteria. He was in a hospital. He was there with Zayan who had appointment with his psychiatrist.

Ayan sighed. He was getting worried for Maheen. What if really something bad happened with her?

“Oh, I should have kept in touch with her.” He mumbled.

“Ayan!” He heard Maheen's excited voice.

“Oh, now I'm hallucinating her. I should also start taking psychiatric sessions along with Zayan.” He mumbled again.

“Ayan.” He heard the voice again.

“Ayan, calm down. It's just the Romeo inside you who is getting hyper. Maheen will be alright.” He took deep breaths to cool down himself.

“Mr Ayan Shabbir, have you gone deaf?” Maheen appeared in front him and sat down on his table. But what caught his attention was her baby bump.

Oh, so he wasn't hallucinating. It's really Maheen. With a baby bump.

Ayan kept staring at her bump for long moments,“So that's why you stopped vlogging?” He asked pointing at her baby bump.

“So you watch my vlogs?” Maheen smirked.

“No, Zayan likes to watch them.” He shrugged.

“Yeah, I'm six month pregnant.”

“So who's the guy?” He asked, the question left a sour taste in his mouth.

“Ayan, I got pregnant through IVF. I'm a single mother.”  She chuckled.

And Ayan too smiled brightly,“Oh, that's great! I-I mean, that's alright. So you made amends with your family? That must be the reason you are back in the city.”

“No. I am still disowned. And they won't accept me now especially when I'm pregnant and single.”

“So where are you living?” He asked.

“In a guest house. I couldn't find a decent residence yet.”

“Oh, you are living all alone when you are pregnant. Are you insane? Tell me your address. I will pick you tomorrow with your belongings. You are living with me and my family till the time you are in the city.” Ayan declared.

Maheen smiled,“Well, I don't mind living with my ex-boyfriend's family. I could also save some money.”

Ayan shook his head. She was still the same. Well, he knew that from her vlogs. Why is he even surprised?

“Maheen?” They heard Zayan who was coming towards them with a look of surprise plastered on his face.

“Hi, Zayan!” Maheen waved at him.

Zayan smiled awkwardly. The baby bump just confused him. Ayan understood his brother's confusion,“Maheen has got pregnant through IVF and is planning to be a single mother.”

Zayan made a long Oh sound in understanding.

“And Maheen will be shifting to our place tomorrow.” Ayan added.

Zayan smiled and mumbled to himself,“Why I'm not surprised?”  

Ayan passed his pocket diary to Maheen. Maheen wrote her phone number and address with the pen he gave her. And he still used black ball pens instead of blue. She could never understand his obsession with using black ink.

“Alright, Maheen, we'll meet tomorrow then. Bye.”  He put the diary and pen in his pocket and walked away with Zayan tailing behind.

Maheen kept looking at his disappearing figure and smiled to herself before leaving.

💝💝💝

“Maheen, drop the bag. I'll carry it inside.” Ayan instructed and Maheen put the bag down with a pout.

“Maheen.” Ayan's father came out of the house with a pleasant smile.

“Hello, uncle!” Maheen side-hugged him.

Zayan came out with Hooriya at his side.

“Maheen, meet my wife Hooriya. And, Hooriya, meet Maheen Jabbar. Bhai's ex-girlfriend.” Zayan introduced them to each other.

“Of course, I know her, Zayan. Maheen, me and my sister have been following your content since eight years and it's really nice meeting you in person. Would you mind if I invite my sister to meet you?” Hooriya's excitement was at her peak. Even Zayan could feel her excitement.

“I would love to meet her!” Maheen nodded with a beaming smile.

“Oh, please come inside.” Hooriya held Maheen's arm and took her in.

While the three men just kept staring at the two overexcited women.

“They got along well.” Zayan spoke.

“Yeah, now help me carry the luggage.” said Ayan.

“Oh, I need to take my medicines.” And Zayan quickly left from there.

Ayan's eyes widened at his brother laziness and they moved to his father with a look innocence.

“Oh, my back hurts! I think I need to take painkiller.” And his father too ran inside.

“Bring me some poison too.” He yelled in annoyance and picked the luggage all alone.

•••

Question: Who is your favourite vlogger?

Mine is Dhruv Rathee.

•••

And I saw my 12th board result. It's nicer than my expectations. I was regretting taking Non Medical but I did it!

I don't want to share my percentage because sharing your percentage on social media is arrogant and a way to show off in my perspective.

•••

Bye 👋

Mai toh Kurkure kha nahi sakti. 😭
Tum sab green Kurkare kha lena mere pass hone ki Khushi mein.