4.2 • Shameless

A very pregnant Hoorain was sitting with a very pregnant Maheen and both soon to be mothers were laughing hysterically.

“Maheen, I must say you are funnier in person.” Hoorain laughed.

“Yeah, I know.” Maheen too couldn't stop laughing at her own jokes.

While Hooriya was preparing food in the kitchen. Hoorain and Maheen had a lot in common. And one was the fact that they were lazy to no end. But good thing was that Hooriya got a responsible brother-in-law who would help her with household chores.

Just like at that time Ayan was preparing tea for everyone. He poured it into tea cups and took the tray outside. He handed the tea to the girls and went to the garden where the boys were sitting.

“Ayan.” Shahmir called him.

“Yeah.” He responded while putting the tea down on the table.

“I am getting a feeling that there's something going on between you and Maheen.” 

“Well, Shahmir Bhai, there used to be something going on between Bhai and Maheen ten years ago.” Zayan told him.

“But the spark is still there, it seems.” Shahmir smirked.

“We broke up because of our priorities. Or we still would have been together.” Ayan sighed.

“It's not too late though. If her pregnancy doesn't bother you.” Shahmir suggested.

“No, it doesn't. But I don't know if she would be ready to give us a second chance.”

“Why not? She agreed to live in your house means she still trusts you, maybe still cares for you and maybe still loves you.”

“So should I talk to her?” Ayan asked with uncertainty.

“Yes.” said Shahmir

“Actually, no.” Zayan interrupted.

“Why?” Ayan and Shahmir asked in unison.

“She is pregnant, Bhai. Don't stress her out in this condition. Wait for the baby at least.” Zayan's argument actually made sense to Ayan.

“Okay, I will wait.”

💝💝💝

“Hmm, Gol Gappa's are the best!” Maheen moaned while eating her favourite snack.

“But you never liked eating them. Why now?” Ayan asked in confusion.

“Maybe my baby likes them.” She shrugged and put another Gol Gappa in her mouth.

Ayan shook his head with a smile and rested his palm against her baby bump. Almost immediately Maheen's expression softens at feeling his touch and she starts coughing. Ayan offered her a glass of water which she gladly drank with a thanks. He begins caressing her back and Maheen tries very hard to control from reacting to his touch.

In her attempt to control her desires she stood up from the couch and laid down on her bed. Ayan blamed her moodiness and picked the plate of Gol Gappe.

“Good Night.” He spoke and put a Gol Gappa in his mouth while leaving her bedroom.

Maheen tried to fall asleep but her mind took her back to one thought again and again.

Could they still get together?

💝💝💝

“Hello, viewers! I know, I know, I've been away from social media for more than seven months now. But as you can see, I am pregnant. And no, I didn't get married. I got pregnant through IVF. I've returned to my hometown and living with my friend and his family for a month now. I might get back to vlogging once my baby is born. But there won't be any travel vlogging for a few years. I'd be making lifestyle vlogs for a while. So that's it for now. Have a good day. Bye!” Maheen paused the recording and removed her phone from tripod stand before uploading the video on YouTube.

💝💝💝

In the next few hours Maheen's video was all over the internet. People had a lot to say about her pregnancy. Some IVF hospitals even took the opportunity to promote themselves in this entire online ruckus. Some fringe elements on YouTube were even began criticizing her for no reasons, but she could care less. That negativity was the reason she decided to stay away from social media for six months.

“Maheen, have you decided on the names for the baby?” Ayan asked when they came out of the hospital.

“Yes, if it's a boy then Mahir and if it's a girl then Maheer.” She smiled.

“Hmm, beautiful names.”

“Ayan, why didn't you marry?” She asked after a lot of contemplating.

“Because I wanted to take of Baba and Zayan. And even if I agree to meet some girl, it won't work out. Hooriya had tried to set me up witt her sister but I didn't like Hoorain in that way. I found her boring. After you left, all girls seemed boring to me. So it never worked out for me.”

“So now you are blaming it on me?”

“Yeah, I was so used to your humor that after you my life got boring.”

“I am getting very wrong ideas, Ayan.”

“You are getting right ideas, Maheen.”

He opened the door of passenger's seat for her. Maheen sat inside and secured her seatbelt. Ayan sat behind the steering wheel and ignited the engine.

“Say it clearly, Ayan.” Maheen demanded.

“I want to be your baby's father.” He smiled while focusing on the road but Maheen was left shocked.

“You don't have any problem with my pregnancy?” She asked in disbelief.

“Why would I?” He shrugged nonchalantly.

Maheen kept quiet and rested her head against the car seat. She looked at him who was focused on driving. With a smile she moved forward to kiss his cheek and in his shocked state Ayan pressed the brake. His wide eyes stared at her but the aggressive honks from the cars brought him back to reality. He quickly started driving.

“Maheen, you would have got us into an accident. Don't do that again when I'm driving.” He scolded her.

“Okay, next time I'll do it in your bedroom.” She smirked and looked away.

Blood rushed to Ayan's face at her flirt attitude.

“You are shameless, Maheen.” He shook his head at her and Maheen ended up laughing.

•••

Question: Express your love for Gol Gappe on the scale of 0 to 10.

Me: 100 🤤

•••

Thoughts 💭

•••

I think the next chapter will be the last one.

And do VOTE!