6.2 • A Suicide Case

Famous actress and model Tanaz Khan had committed suicide. Social media was immediately flooded with various conspiracy theories. And Tanaz's mother Waheeda only made it worse by accusing Tanaz's ex-boyfriend Shahzain Zuberi for forcing her daughter to commit suicide.

Police took Shahzain to police station for inquiry. They were going through their chats and calls to see if Shahzain ever induced the thought of suicide in Tanaz's mind. The case wasn't really complex but what made it complex was the public reaction. Shahzain had become a villain and a murderer in matter of a day.

His mother's friend Mehreen Jabbar was also getting trolled simply because she had made a vlog of Shahzain's wedding.

This entire controversy only made Shahzain hate Tanaz more than ever. She didn't leave him in peace even after dying.

💗💗💗

A week had passed. Shahzain stopped leaving the house. Their house's security was made stricter. His own employees were looking at him with eyes full of doubt.

That day he was lying in Zamirah's lap and thinking about the chaos happening in his life. Zamirah was subconsciously patting his head and was lost in her own thoughts.

“I had never imagined Tanaz will go to such extreme.” He spoke out of blue, breaking her trance. She kissed his forehead, “Everything will be alright soon. Their case is very weak. You'll be proven innocent, trust me.”

“I trust you with my life, Zamirah. I know you will save me. But... I feel responsible for her death. Maybe I should have dealt with her in a better way.”

She sighed, “Then maybe I am responsible for her suicide too.”

He looked up at her in confusion.

“What do you mean, Zamirah?”

💗💗💗

Two months ago,

Zamirah and Shahzain's wedding took place four days back. They were busy enjoying the family gatherings during daytime and making out at nights. Zamirah was still getting threat calls from Tanaz. But she didn't tell Shahzain about it. Finally he was at peace thinking Tanaz had stopped bothering them with her threat calls. She didn't want him to worry about it again.

That night they were busy ravishing each other when Zamirah's phone began ringing. She groaned before picking up the phone and saw Bitch written over it.

“Bitch? Who's that?” Shahzain chuckled.

“A friend.” She smiled and received the call. She put the phone against her ear while Shahzain moved down between her thighs.

Tanaz's hateful voice boomed on the other side,“You Bitch! I had told you to leave him. How dare you marry my Shahzain?”

Zamirah didn't say anything. She put the phone on the night stand without cutting the call so that Tanaz could hear what they were doing.

She intentionally began moaning loudly for Tanaz's ears. Shahzain, unaware of her intentions, continued making love to her. Zamirah didn't know when the call was ended by Tanaz but she enjoyed what she did. Maybe Tanaz will stop bothering her after that.

💗💗💗

“You shouldn't have done that, Zamirah.” Shahzain grimaced while getting up from her lap.

“I know but her constant threats brought the worst out of me.” She sighed regretfully.

“Why police didn't find that call's recording in your phone?” He asked while putting on his shirt.

“I had destroyed it the very next morning. I regretted doing that.” She lowered her head in embarrassment.

Shahzain kissed her forehead, “It's not entirely your fault, Zamirah. Tanaz was a toxic person.”

“But now I feel sympathy for her. With a reckless mother like Waheeda Khan, it must be hard for her too. That woman didn't even know her daughter was suffering from depression.”

“Zamirah, we will win the case, right?” He asked hesitantly.

“Of course, we will. You didn't force her to suicide. They need some hard evidence to prove that.” She cupped his face and pecked his lips.

“I love you.” He engulfed her into a tight hug and she caressed his back reassuringly.

💗💗💗

Waheeda Khan was releasing videos online where she was putting her daughter's death's blame on Shahzain. She even claimed that it isn't a suicide, but a murder. Shahzain changed his simcard and totally stopped using social media. But Zamirah encouraged him to put his side of the story in front of the public. And that's exactly what he did. He released a video on his social media handles telling them his side of the story.

“I am being accused for forcing Tanaz to commit suicide. And her mother even declared me a murderer. I and Tanaz were in relationship for four years. And ... Sorry to say, but those four years were only spent in misery and regret. She was getting toxic. But now when her medical reports came out and it's revealed that she was attending psychiatric sessions secretively, I've realised that she was going through a mental illness. I ended the relationship a year ago. But she kept approaching me. I was getting threat calls from her. I ... I was being stalked by her. Later when I decided to get married, my wife also received threat calls. Police have all the call recordings and they are publicly available online, I never induced the idea of suicide in her mind. My only mistake is that I should have handled the matter gently. I should have tried to understand why she was behaving so toxic instead of walking out of the relationship. That's what I regret. It's a request that please stop trolling me. It's already very traumatizing. Your extreme reaction is only making things worse for us. I have done no crime. I only dared to walk out of a toxic relationship... That's it. I have nothing else to say. Thank you.”

The video went viral on internet. By that time some popular independent journalists had also uploaded videos addressing this case. They openly claimed that Shahzain will be declared innocent because it's hard to prove he is responsible for Tanaz's suicide, exactly what Zamirah was telling him all the while. They also addressed the issue that everyone was ignoring. Tanaz was suffering from depression and she had admitted it a year ago in an interview. But her mother Waheeda had earlier refused it and now she tried to play sympathy card by crying in a video.

“Waheeda Khan doesn't want to believe that her daughter was suffering from depression. That will make her appear like a bad mother. That's why she is targeting Shahzain. I think she is also suffering from some sort of illness.” Zamirah realised it the night before final court hearing. This case wasn't very hard to win. But this time she was fighting to save her husband. She wanted to prove all those people wrong who were calling him a murderer. He had done no crime.

•••

Question: Do you like using filters on your pictures?

Me: No, because then I feel fake.

•••

I've realised that next chapter will be the last. I don't want to stretch this story. That will ruin it's beauty. It's my favourite till now. Next chapter will be out soon.

😘😘😘