X

19. lists, slytherins and insatiable needs

· · ─────── · · ─────── · ·

"So, Jackson?"

Hermione pauses in turning the page of her book at the name. A hush settles around the table they have occupied in the library.

"Super gorgeous," Ginny comments, casual as one could be with her feet on the table and the librarian's side eye.

Hermione blushes as she remembers the ongoing topic. It was of course ranking their peers on their fuckability.

"Oh yeah, she has that," Parvati gestures in a circular motion. "that air around her."

"Everybody wants to be me or be with me air," Padma interprets it for her, earning finger guns.

"But also like a very chill vibe," Hannah adds. "It makes her more approachable."

"But is she even into girls or boys?"

"You saw that haircut, right?"

"That's so hot."

"That mysterious act," the youngest redhead says with a raised finger like it was the ultimatum.

"She isn't so mysterious," Parvati disagrees. "She's just new."

"She's been here for a week now. What do you know about her, Patil?"

The twins ponder over it. "Not much," they agree. At this point, the efficient gossip mongers of Hogwarts should have uncovered her history but they don't even know her middle name.

"Yes," she is quietly triumphant. "And that really ups the scale."

Hermione is yet again surprised at the actual graphs they have drawn.

"But not by much," Padma argues. "We don't know if she's actually mysterious or just shy."

"Yeah, Harry was just shy."

"And that raises the scale more because it made him more adorable."

"What, Ginny, you'll be ready to fuck her over Goldstein?"

"Absolutely." She turns to her friend for support. "Luna, back me up here."

"I think she is a hundred percent fuckable and beautiful but the blibbering humdingers say that she'll be very choosy about it but will be extremely good." She returns to stare at the floating candles.

"Blibbering humdingers?" Hermione echoes, disbelieving as well as disapproving. "Now what in merlin's name is that?"

Ginny interrupts the blonde, "See, Luna agrees and the humdingers too."

"You're taking imaginary creatures to defend you now, Gin?"

"Well, I'll appreciate your point too, Hermione."

Her dark cheeks blooms in colour. "I'm not being a part of this."

"C'mon 'Mione, you don't have to say if you'll fuck her just you know, if others will?"

"What Padma says is that it's all in good fun."

Hermione huffs at Ginny. "I don't see how reducing someone to their physical features is fun." She stacks her books and turns up her nose at them. "Now, I'm going to study and be productive. See you at dinner."

"Taste the rainbow,"

Parvati scribbles a #1 on the parchment, right next to the latest addition to the Fifth Years. Hermione returns to retrieve a book and is again stopped by their conversation.