XXI

41. many things
· · ─────── · · ─────── · ·

Hogwarts gets weirder over the course of time. One could say it was all because of Umbridge (an appealing change from blaming everything on Potter) but this time, hands pointed to another person.

Percy was liked well enough among all except that there was a edge to her that unnerved everyone. Some reckon it's the scars running across every visible piece of skin. Her easy way with a sword might be a concern too. It was her though, the way she held herself on alert all the time, her grim smiles and her dark, dead eyes.

Thus, it's no wonder that Katie Bell's attack was pinned on her.

It didn't end with that. The early chill creeping in and the wilting plants were blamed on her as well.

Harry Potter, the Chosen One and Percy Jackson, the Dark One or the evil one or the black one—that wouldn't be right. The title was yet to reach a consensus. What was in agreement however was that both were wizards that people have to keep away from and trip them down the stairs.

That didn't work with Percy. Not only did she not trip but came back to the tripper with an extremely concerned look and inquire if anything was wrong with their leg.

Percy or even anyone else is not so sure where all the accusations came from. She does have an intimidating posture, a result of the combination of her mother's words that even if they have nothing, they have their pride and leading armies and her intensive training over the years. Her eyes do glow or rather seem to glow sometimes. She had her Dad's face and so looked frighteningly blank all the time. Her voice rumbles when she speaks and that's because of her Dad as well.

Of course, she calls Minerva 'witch lady' because that was who she was. There was the matter of her scars as well and the tattoos. Both were suspected to be more than what was shown.

Slughorn flinches at her simple 'thank yous', Minerva peers unblinking when she turns teacups into rodents, Sprout's eyes don't leave her until she exits the greenhouse. Flitwick is overjoyed with her knack for charms. Sinistra as well. Binns doesn't care. Snape tries to appear the same but he might be a tad bit impressed with her potion making skills though he will never admit.

Dumbledore observes and it's the most concerning thing for her. She keeps her head down, does her work and flees to camp every weekend.

"I don't care," she tells Grover once after all these have been relayed to him. She's not sure she doesn't but she hopes it'll wipe off his worried gaze.

The next week she knocks on his door at an ungodly hour and doesn't say anything. Grover yawns, grabs her hand and pulls her to his bed to sleep side by side as they have been doing for years from dorms to forest floors to alleys.

She does not care but she keeps going back to camp. To be hugged by Grover, ruffle Nico's hair, watch Piper charmspeak the cabins to not hypnotise the president and Jason smile dopily at her, spray water on Clarisse on the rare days she's not in college and to receive awkward pats from Chiron and occasionally, Mr. D.

She goes to Camp Jupiter to oversee the drills. She does her duties as the Honorary Preator. She smiles at the adorable Hazel and Frank.

She doesn't care. The DA is terrified and in awe of her at the same time. She teaches and they learn. Her own house and friends she has collected from the others promise to punch anyone that dares to say or do more.

She doesn't care. She tells them as much.

Harry stops her after DA meeting one night, carefully avoiding Cho's expectant stare.