We Got A WNBA Player Over Here

The frat party already seemed to be in full swing when we all arrived—with the changes of plans, Jalen was able to make it as well, along with Lakyn, who also got informed of the plan change.

So far, Cher has been quiet, purposefully chatting with everyone but Lakyn, which luckily, the blonde didn't seem to notice.

But everyone in the group did.

Karter was seemingly being even nicer to her since Cher was clearly giving Lakyn the cold shoulder.

"Watch how clean this shot's about to be," Jaden said, angling his wrist slightly as he held the small white ball in his hand.

Karter and I watched carefully as Jaden shot the ball into the red cups on our side, skillfully making the shot which easily earned some claps from the crowd around us.

Jaden clapped a few times as Lakyn smiled beside him, congratulating him before she went for her turn.

"You got it Lakyn," Karter said over the loud music, which didn't even seem to bother me—not since she had said it so many times the past few rounds.

Okay, maybe it did bother me.

I mean I'm the one on her team, and she hasn't once encouraged me.

Then again, I knew she was only trying to make Lakyn feel welcome because of how Cher had been acting.

But Cher was off with Davis taking shots and dancing in the crowd of college students—Karter seriously didn't have to keep up this overly nice act anymore.

Lakyn cringed when she missed her shot, "Clearly, I'm terrible at this," she joked, shaking her head.

Karter waved her off, "It takes some getting used to honestly—but after all the parties we're about to attend, you'll be a pro in no time."

We?

So now she's inviting her to any future parties we attend?

I shook my head, I'm making a big deal. This really isn't a big deal.

"Alright, watch how the pros do it, Jaden," Karter mocked, which earned an eye roll from Jaden as he sipped on his mixed drink.

I watched as Karter officially made the shot into one of the red cups, raising a fist in the air when she made it.

Jaden rolled his eyes, "That was pure luck," he said, picking up the red cup before gulping the beer down.

Karter shrugged, "Tell that to the last few shots I made," she pointed out cockily as Jaden finished the cup of beer. "Babe you gotta catch up with me," she said, turning to me.

I lazily raised my brows. Not only do I not get hyped up—but she also has to point out the fact that I've barely made any shots, instead of giving me a pep talk like Lakyn.

I scolded my internal thoughts, feeling like I was sounding like a bitch.

Karter shouldn't have to show me validation.

But that also doesn't mean it's not weird that she's showing Lakyn so much of it... Jesus, I need to talk to Cher.

Like ASAP.

I focused my attention on the red cups, trying my best to focus, even though the small amount of alcohol running through my bloodstream was a slight distraction.

My lips pursed into a line as I shot the ball toward one of the cups, and as soon as I made the shot, I smiled, loving the feeling of winning.

"We got a WNBA player over here," Jaden joked as Lakyn nodded quickly with a smile.