When I Say Harvard, You Say Crimsons

Soon we made it away from the stadium over toward the sidewalk area that was free of any students due to how early in the game it still was.

I furrowed my brows when I took in Karter's state, noticing how her lips were pursed into a line and her jaw was set, "What's going on? Is everything okay?"

Karter shook her head, laughing to herself slightly, but even I knew the laugh wasn't real, "That's Chicago?"

I tilted my head, "Yes?" I said, clearly still confused.

"That's who helped you to a class that you ironically ended up sharing... and on top of that who you've been spending so much time with? Jesus, you guys even text too," Karter pointed out, clearly processing everything aloud.

Suddenly, it all seemed to click for me, especially with Karter's tone and the way she was highlighting how I've been hanging out with Chicago.

She's jealous.

"I really..." Karter trailed off, shaking her head to herself before she continued, "didn't expect her to be like that."

I crossed my arms over my chest, "Like what?"

"Clearly into girls, that's what," Karter pointed out, narrowing her eyes as she analyzed me, "I don't like it—I don't like her."

I narrowed my eyes—she doesn't even know her and she's deciding she doesn't like her? I could imagine if Chicago had even done anything, but she hasn't.

Karter barely even gave her a chance to introduce herself.

"You don't even know her?" I pointed out.

Karter shook her head, "Well, I know she's been cozying up to my girlfriend."

I scoffed, knowing Chicago and I were just friends, and our dynamic hasn't moved past that. If it was Cher in her place, Karter wouldn't think anything of it.

"We're seriously just friends. We literally only hangout if it's school related," I pointed out, but Karter only shook her head.

"You've been texting her—as a matter of fact, what do you guys text about?" Karter suddenly asked, easily making my brows raise.

"Do you not trust me, Karter?" I asked, eyeing her slightly.

Karter narrowed her eyes, "Of course, I trust you. I just—"

"No-no, you clearly don't, especially since I explained that we're only friends and you still don't seem to believe it," I cut her short, shaking my head. "I can't even believe this—I was never like this with you and Lakyn."

Karter narrowed her eyes, "Lakyn's with Jaden."

"And? At first, you were all about her until I said something—meanwhile, I've been completing an assignment with Chicago—someone who I haven't even been about in that way, and you're behaving this way?" I explained, feeling suddenly upset over how Karter was acting.

I seriously didn't expect any of this to go this way. Honestly, I thought Karter and Chicago would've gotten along.

"And I get that, but I just don't like you guys hanging out," Karter said, shrugging to herself.

I scoffed, "For what reason exactly? Because you believe something is going on? Clearly, you don't trust me, Karter," I said, feeling my voice rise slightly with irritation. This is so unfair.