Take All The Time You Need

"So I heard you're single." 

I laughed slightly, "How do you even know what that means?"  

Pierce shrugged, "I'm smart like that, babe," he said, nudging me slightly as I grabbed our hot chocolates. 

We were currently at the Christmas festival where I managed to see Karter's entire family—It was nice seeing Nancy and Nina, especially since the reunion wasn't nearly as awkward as I had expected. 

Now I just have to handle player Pierce, and I'll be good. 

"Look, you have to be a Greyson, and I can help you with that," Pierce said as we walked through the thin crunchy snow back toward everyone. 

It felt odd hanging out with everyone again—honestly, it reminded me of senior year. Luckily, Karter had managed to stay to herself and away from me, which somewhat helped soothe my confused thoughts. 

After the talk I had with Cher last night, I was officially confused. Even Cher couldn't give me a direct answer. It was more about what felt right and following my heart. 

But it wasn't that easy. 

Not when it felt like my heart was going in two separate directions. 

I looked down at Pierce for a moment, "Are you proposing marriage right now?" I asked, chuckling slightly as I went to take a sip of my hot chocolate. 

Pierce swallowed some of his warm hot chocolate, "Yeah, I was thinking springtime. What do you think?" he asked, easily earning another laugh from me. 

I wanted to say he can't actually be serious, but I really think he is. 

"Hey, Lo, I think you're mom was looking for you," Cher said as Pierce and I joined everyone. 

Nancy and Nina were taking selfies with Karter while Cher and Davis were digging into their warm Christmas-themed donuts. 

"I can't believe you guys forgot about me," Pierce said, walking over to Nancy and Nina as he hopped in the selfie. 

I laughed at him, looking back over to Cher who seemed to be looking down at her phone. I probably would've been looking at mine too, but Chicago seemed to be a little inactive this morning. I mean it was Christmas Eve, so I guess I understood, but to not text me back in a little over five hours was insane.  

Even so, I still pulled out my phone, illuminating the bare lock screen. 

"Aw, does someone miss Chi," Davis said, nudging me playfully. 

I rolled my eyes, sliding my phone back into my pocket, "Not when she takes a long time to respond," I said, sighing slightly. 

Cher shook her head, "I'm sure it's just because she's busy with family," she pointed out. 

I nodded, knowing she was probably right, especially since Chicago's family seemed very close-knit. I'm sure she was playing a Christmas-themed game with everyone right at this moment. 

It just felt weird because Chicago always made an effort to answer me quickly. 

Cher hummed, looking back down at her phone, "Your mom said they're over by the reindeer—where Ryan and Serenity went earlier," she said, showing me the texts between her and my mom. 

I shrugged, "Well, she'll just have to meet us over here. Ain't no way I'm walking all the way back over there." 

Nancy laughed, "Yeah, walking back over there is like a full workout," she said, shaking her head while Nina stared down at the pictures they had just taken.