Sunday's Are For Football

KARTER'S POV

"I should peek in... just to see," I suggested, sitting beside Davis on the couch in our apartment while Jaden waited in the kitchen on his pizza rolls.

Davis shook his head as he swallowed his Mountain Dew, looking away from the TV screen that had on the first football game of the evening, "Bro, if you go up there—it's an automatic L. Sloany will definitely think that you don't trust her."

It was currently Sunday, the day after the intense party that managed to last past the sunrise.

Cher and Lakyn have been MIA, but that probably meant they were both still in bed recovering from last night.

Meanwhile, the twins and Davis managed to get up and get their life together, mostly to watch the football game—and while I'm here, I knew I wouldn't be if it weren't for Sloan leaving a little under an hour ago.

She went to go work on her assignment with you guessed it—Chicago.

I shook my head, leaning back into the couch, "It's not her that I don't trust."

I heard Jaden laugh from the kitchen, "It's Chi you don't trust?" he asked like it was the craziest thing to even suggest.

I turned around to the kitchen where Jaden was plating his pizza rolls, "Clearly—I mean she and Sloan have been hanging out so fucking much," I said.

Before anyone could counter what I had said, Jalen walked into the kitchen from the guest bathroom, heading toward Jaden and grabbing one of his pizza rolls, "What are we talking about?" he said, popping one of the hot pizza rolls into his mouth–but almost instantly hissed, "Fuck that shit is hot," he said, opening his mouth and fanning it.

Jaden chuckled, "Don't steal my food next time then," he pointed out, walking toward the living room with Jalen following behind him. "And Karty over here doesn't trust Chi."

Jalen laughed, sitting down with Jaden on the couch opposite to Davis and me. "You don't trust, Chi? Dude, she knows your Sloan's girlfriend."

I tilted my head, knowing that anyone can know anything but still willingly make a move.

Davis shrugged, "I don't know man, Chi doesn't give me home wrecker vibes."

I blinked a few times, "How would any of you know? None of us have been around when they hang out," I pointed out, shaking my head to myself as I began thinking of the worst possible scenarios.

Jalen hummed, "Well, I have—we all had lunch together. Remember?"

I lazily raised my brows, "Don't remind me," I said, not only was I feeling weird about Chicago hanging out with Sloan so much, but I was also feeling weird about how close she and the twins were.

It felt like she was in my territory completely.

"I'm telling you bro—Chi knows you're Sloan's girlfriend. No way will she make a move," Jaden said, ripping open one of the pizza rolls to let the steam out.

I narrowed my eyes, why is everyone so certain about Chicago's intentions? Yeah, they might be friends with her, but that doesn't mean they know whether or not she'd be willing to go for Sloan.