Chapter 21

Karina teleported us to a very visually ugly place.

  It was a kind of desert, with a red sky that gave everything a reddish tinge.

  Around us we could see some dead tree stumps and plants, the wind was blowing slowly and the sand was flying from side to side.

   From somewhere in the distance there was all kinds of screaming, crying, swearing and all kinds of nasty things that sent shivers down my spine.

  We were definitely in hell and I didn't even expect to see or hear beautiful things.

  In front of us we saw a black castle with many towers, very tall but also very narrow.

  Above him flew all kinds of hideous creatures, also black, with many long sharp teeth, with huge wings, and these creatures seemed to be guarding the castle.

  Looking around, we suddenly heard a voice behind us:

  -Hmm, what do we have here? What a wonderful ass I see...

  At that moment Caleb flinched when he felt the demon's hand on his ass. We all turned to him, but he was still glaring at Caleb.

  He was small in stature, with cherry-colored skin, a long thin tail, and on his forehead it was clear that he had two horns that had been cut off.

  - We would like to talk to your boss, I told him.

  - I'm afraid it's not possible. But if this handsome dragon comes with me, I might change my mind, he said, making obscene gestures at Caleb.

  At that moment I got so angry that I transformed without realizing it.

  Seeing me, the demon immediately evaporated, leaving behind a cloud of red dust.

   Within seconds he reappeared, this time accompanied by Lucifer himself.

  I realized this from the fact that he was wearing a huge crown on his head, a scepter in his hand, and his physical constitution was much larger than the other demon's.

  The moment he saw me, he grabbed me by the neck, lifted me into the air, and began to shout, in his deep, thick voice:

  -Who are you and what did you do with my daughter?

  I couldn't speak, I couldn't breathe, and when he saw that, he threw me down mercilessly.

  -Speak! he commanded me.

  - I don't know who your daughter is, I didn't hurt anyone, I don't know what you're talking about, I told him, confused.

  -You stole her powers! How could my Melina allow herself to be robbed by a disgusting creature like an angel?

  -Melina, I've heard this name before. It appeared in my dreams a few times.

  -You can not! said the great demon, visibly shocked by what I had told him. It is not possible! She would never mess with angels. And on top of that, you dare to say that you don't know her, but you have her pet next to you. This is clear proof that you hurt her. Where is his other eye? he asked desperately. I need to see his memories!

  I returned the basilisk's eye, and Lucifer dropped to one knee in front of it, placing his hand on its head.

   In the creature's memories he saw how Melina helped him escape from the hands of the humans, and that was the last memory he had of her.

   He also saw how we found him, and the fact that we had nothing to do with his daughter's disappearance.

  All this while, the other demon didn't stop flirting with Caleb, which made me feel very uncomfortable.

  After finishing with the creature's memories, Lucifer stood up very confused, but lowering his voice:

  - I don't understand, how is it possible? How do you have her blood in your veins if you haven't harmed her? You also have the blood of that disgusting creature, the angel…

  - I don't understand either, but I came here with much more important things, I told him.

  -What do you want?

  -We need help. We need Lilith's necklace.

  -Oh, you are asking me for something very valuable. The necklace is the only thing I have left from my daughter.

  - From your daughter? I thought it was Lilith's...

  -It was, but that's another story. After I killed the disgusting man, I took his necklace and gave it to my daughter, who was very happy with this gift.

  - Did you kill him? We thought he died of old age.

  -He died of old age, but I accelerated his old age. She was supposed to be my wife! My enemy was very jealous and broke us up, sending her to Earth and I couldn't bear to see her with anyone else. I loved her and could not harm her, but I could harm that fairy easy.

  At that point I realized I couldn't tell him about the necklace's powers because he would never give it to me, so I appealed to his weakness:

  -If you don't give it to us, it might end up in the wrong hands. And if that happens, Melina will never be found again.

  I think I didn't word that phrase right, because the great demon got angry again:

  -You dare to threaten me? And how do you know she's still alive?

  - It's not a threat, I'm just saying that the others don't care about Melina. I have a connection with her, even if I don't know why now, and I will do my best to find her one day.

  -Good. Well, let's just say I believe you.

  The next second he snapped his fingers, and the famous necklace appeared in his hand. It was so beautiful and shiny!

  It was a chain made of thousands of small diamonds, in the middle of which was a small bottle that gave off a lot of sparkle.

   I reached out to take it, and the great demon immediately withdrew his hand, saying:

  -Why are you in such a hurry? Don't you know that hurry ruins the job? This necklace is precious to me. Instead, I want something precious from you.

  His gaze had become very narrow, he had a scary smile on his face and I knew this couldn't be good.

  -I brought you Melina's creature, it is the last basilisk of its kind and I am ready to offer it to you in exchange for the necklace.

  The demon that was flirting with Caleb took the creature, carried it into the castle and then turned back, going back to what it was doing before.

   That dwarf demon was getting on my nerves really badly!

  - Now the creature is in its place, it belongs to hell, said Lucifer. I said I want something precious for YOU.

  -What else can I offer you? I asked him, scared of the answer I was going to get.

  -Hmm, let me think ... I see your lover and my faithful servant are getting along just fine.

  Then he turned to the other demon:

  -Hey, would you like a little gift from me for your loyalty?

  -Me? A gift from the great master? What an honor! said the demon.

  - No, no, it's not possible! I told him, terrified that I might lose Caleb. It must be something else you want! Anything!

  Caleb, who hadn't said anything since he got there, looked at me sadly, then turned to Lucifer:

  -If you give her the necklace, I will stay here.

  -Caleb, no! I screamed, completely shocked. Don't do this to me, I beg you!

  -Do we have a deal? Caleb asked the large demon, completely ignoring me.

  - It's done! You two, take the necklace and get out of here. And you, handsome dragon, will have a great time with my servant.