Chapter 27

The two had just left and I was already worried about them.

  To take my mind off this, I decided to prepare the training room for the arrival of the guests.

  I was optimistic and hoping a lot of people would come, so I figured we wouldn't have room in my much beloved Caleb's tiny office.

  I set up several couches in the training room, a table for drinks and snacks, and a small desk for myself in front of the couches so I could see everyone better.

  I hadn't quite finished arranging, because the two girls had returned.

  Many voices could be heard from the main hall, which calmed me down a lot.

  I went to meet them and was pleasantly surprised that more people had come than I expected.

   I invited them into the training room and thought I did well to put more couches. In fact, a few were standing and another couch was needed.

  Before everyone sat down, a girl from the crowd came up to me:

  -Before we start, I'm worried about those I left behind. If I'm not mistaken, in the letter you said something about protection?

  -Of course! I intervened. If you want, we'll create the shield right now, and then we'll talk.

  -Is it really an impenetrable shield? someone else asked from behind.

  -I assure you of that, I replied. It can only be pierced with a certain ancient object which is in our possession. To solve it as quickly as possible, I ask all the leaders to sit in a circle and we will do the spell.

  -Don't you have to go to every building to do this? someone else asked.

  -Not necessarily. As long as the leaders are under the influence of the spell, your allies will also be protected. The rest of you can make yourself comfortable and Caty will bring you some drinks.

  There were about ten leaders, each coming with his own teleportation wizard. Karina and I sat inside the circle, cast the spell, and soon all of our allies were protected.

  I invited everyone to sit down, then I introduced myself, told my story, and invited the others to do the same. Some were raised in this unknown part of the world, others had stories similar to mine.

   Two of the people there said they were the ones who founded the groups they belong to a few years ago.

  Hearing this, I had begun to miss Caleb very much.

   I naturally lost a few minutes thinking about him and starting to miss him more and more.

  Seeing that I wasn't paying attention, Caty nudged me lightly with her elbow to bring me back to the ground.

  This gesture of hers made me realize that I had to focus on the present and the mission I had. After all, this is what my soulmate sacrificed for.

  I put aside the thoughts that saddened me and focused more on the purpose for which we had all gathered.

  So after the last member made his introduction, I decided to tell them our plan.

  I was somehow sure that they would be scared off by this crazy plan, and I hesitated for a few moments, searching in my mind for a nicer way to say my plan.

  - Now that we know each other, we found out that we have a lot in common. But the most important thing we have in common is that we want to be free. We have a plan and we hope you will stand with us and we will all fight to defend our rights.