The heart's poison

Hurtfic/sickfic
Not too much angst
Hyunho
___________________________________________

They had just been nominated as the artist of the year.
Their faces were the only thing that could describe their emotions.
After years of hard work and sacrifices they are finally getting the recognition they should have.
After countless hours of practicing and dieting and singing and writing, they have officially made it to the top.

Backstage there was a chaos. Champagne bottles getting popped. Their backup dancers screaming and crying. Their managers being happier than ever, they were happier than ever.
Felix was sobbing in Chan's arms.
Jusung was dancing with Jeongin and Seungmin, tears falling at the same time.
Changbin was on the phone with his dearest mum.

Yet the only thing Hyunjin could observe was Minho's eyes, filled with unshed tears, suppressed emotion Hyunjin was able to read and stars. Hyunjin could only give Minho his warmest hug and whisper to him words of comfort.

How he loved Minho. He knew him better than himself and vice versa.
Minho knew Hyunjin loved being alone but hated being lonely. So even when he said he wanted to go alone to the movies, he would follow him to make sure he was safe and he would sit as far away as possible. When he would close himself in his room, drawing, Minho would be there too scrolling through his phone.

And Hyunjin would always gift him paintings and artistic creations of his.
He would make sure he ate and he would call him every night to wish him goodnight, even if he himself would most probably be awake for at least another four hour after their phone call.

Hyunjin... he was indeed in love with Minho.

However he would not reveal his feelings to him. Not now. What if Minho did not like him and he would stop talking to him after his confession or maybe get mad at him, or disgusted. He couldn't afford to lose Minho, not now, not ever. He loved him so much and so dearly that he would hole heartedly sacrifice his more than platonic feelings for him, just to keep him present in his life.

Minho being there for Hyunjin, in his life, was more important than being in a romantic relationship with him. Even if it would hurt to see him loving someone someday, he would still be able to go to the movies with him, he would still have a partner to stay quiet with. If Minho existed in his life, then Hyunjin could never be lonely.

Their hug broke quickly when their managers informed them they should get going to the after party.

To be honest Hyunjin, even if it seemed like any other way, was never a big fan of parties.
Especially parties filled with fake people trying to get their way to the industry and trying to create scandals for attention.
But the worst thing was his underlying fear.
The security in so big events has always been poor and he was genuinely scared of seassangs there.

The crowd was enormous and everything felt asphyxiating. His body rubbing its way through others trying not to let go of Minho's hand.

Everyone was so close and it was so loud and hot in there that when he felt a sudden and prolonged sting on his right thigh he didn't pay much attention to it, fighting to keep up with the others.

"Hey, Jinnie we made it to the VIP area finally. You can let go of me now and go have fun."

"Yes, of course. Sorry Minho. I didn't want to make you uncomfortable."

"Hey, no. You didn't I just want us to have some fun. Come one let's go get a drink with the others."

They quickly run to the bar, Hyunjin ordering just a water as he still felt quiet warm from the crowd, maybe even a little warmer.