How did I get here

We had finally 6 months off.
Half a year off.
I was excited to finally be able to feel free again, after a long time, even if that meant 6 months, half a year without getting paid, at all.

And just like how Hyunjin had imagined, he let himself feel free for almost four months. Until, suddenly, it all came to a stop.

"Hyunjin-ah? Can I talk to you? Alone?"

"Sure Chan tell me."

"So... I was asked by the managers to personally deliver you these... news, I solely refused at first but then... I just- I could let them tell you-"

"What is it that you want to tell me, you're worrying me?"

"It's just that... they've noticed you've gained some weight and they wanted me to remind you of your idol image."

"Oh..."

"Hyunjin, I want you to know that I completely disagree with them about you losing weight-"

"No-"

"Let me finish. You've been underweight for years and even if you weight a few pounds more, you are the healthiest you've ever been and given the relationship we all have with food I don't want to-"

"Hey, no worries. Really, I've been planning for the past weeks to get back on track again. Um, I'll be going back to my room to continue my painting okay? Don't sweat it, really, it's fine."

And really Chan didn't need to worry.
He was kind enough to warn him about his weight before he could get embarrassed in front of the managers or even worse the fans.

Honestly, it wasn't Chan's fault. Hyunjin knew he was gaining weight but for once he felt okay with it and now reality had just settled in.
He had to work hard and fast. He had to get skinny, skinnier than before so that there would be an actual difference.

That's how innocently it had started.
It was an honest try to improve his looks and health... till it wasn't, till all that mattered was the numbers going down and him dropping sizes, till everyone noticed, till he was taking as less space as possible, till he was so fragile and weak they would pray for him to eat.

The months passed and now it was almost time for them to start working for their comeback. That meant that everyone would be back to the dorm and they would notice, finally all of his work would pay off.

Hyunjin was the only one who was at the dorms the last two months of their hiatus. Everyone else had chosen to spent this time with friends and family or traveling.
He had chosen... hunger.

He was asleep when a voice was heard from downstairs making him jump, as fast as he could due to his dizziness, and run to the kitchen where the person shouting seemed to be.

"Hyunjin!? When was the last time you went for groceries?"

"Hi, Minho! I've missed you so much-"

"Yeah, yeah. Me too. Here take my card and run to the grocery store real quick... for me."

"Sure-"

"No, wait! Stop, stop, stop. Come here..."

"What, is there something on my face?"

"Quiet the opposite... there's nothing on you face..."

"What do you mean? I have to go buy-"

"No! No! You sit here. Changbin-ah! Seungmin-ah! Come here, please, now!"

"What's-"

"Shh. Just sit here on the couch okay? Just stay still."

"What's wron- Oh hi Hyun-"