Chapter Twenty Nine

[] hello peeps! I have a proposition. If Alpha Zeus gets at least ten votes on the first Chapter, I will upload a Chapter 30 and if it gets more than 15, I will also throw in a Chapter 31 and a Tay fanfic in the imagine book. This Chappie will have #Tay fluff and #Nalecks angst. Ciao! []

The group arrived in front of the hole that they had dubbed 'The Griever Hole.' Thomas told the Gladers to scout around while he talked to Jay behind a column. Jay looked up into the dark eyes of the boy she loved.

No. Not boy.
Man.

Thomas cupped her cheek with one of his hands, his voice husky and filled with all sorts of emotion. "If something happens to me, you lead the Gladers out and leave me, you hear me?" She shook her head and wrapped her arms around him. The bridge of their noses lean against one another as the couple stares into each others eyes intensely.

"No. I'm not leaving you. I don't care what happens. You go down and I will too remember?" She whispered in return, her lips brushing against his as she spoke.

~FLASHBACK~

Thomas and Jay were just fooling around in the trees, laughing and jumping about. He had slipped and nearly fallen before Jay came in and grabbed his arm to prevent him from falling.

"Don't let goo!" He laughs, trying to grab a nearby branch for more leverage. "I won't! You go down, I go down." She grinned happily.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

Thomas cracked a weak smile at the memory. "I remember. Be safe." His expression went back into a serious gaze as his eyes focused onto his lover. "No promises." Jay answered, their breath mingling as they grew closer.

Their lips collided with a spark that never faded. The kiss felt more intimate, almost desperate due to the fact that they might die at the moment. Jay's fingers tangled into his short hair immediately as he used his hands to make her thighs wrap around his waist.

Her back pressed against the maze wall they were hiding behind, the atmosphere growing hotter at the passion being exchanged. She jumped up to allow him to wrap her thighs around him. But before anything could continue further, they heard a soft cough.

~WHILE THIS IS HAPPENING~

Alecks had pulled Newt to the side to talk to him about his everlasting feelings for Jay. She looked down, clearing her throat slightly and fiddling with her fingers.

"Newt I sort of uh....Have a question for you..." Alecks muttered softly and bit her lip. Newt nodded, leaning against a maze wall. "Alright. Shoot."

Alecks wasted no time on blurting out the question that would either make her or break her. "Do you still love Jay?" At the question, Newt visibly tensed up.

He couldn't lie. But he couldn't tell the truth either. He remained silent, knowing it was his best option for this. Alecks' mouth dried when there was no response from him. "Y-You....You still love her...Don't you?...After everything she put you through."

Newt tore his gaze from the floor to look at Alecks. "That is the definition of love isn't it? Loving someone even after everything they do." Alecks didn't waste another second and said,"I love you."

He only looked back down and shook his head. "You don't know the meaning of love yet. We were just taking this relationship too fast. Maybe someday you will. I'm sorry, Alecks."

Then Newt started to walk away to find Thomas and Jay, leaving Alecks standing with an open mouth, tears welling in her eyes.

~PRESENT~

Newt cleared his throat awkwardly at this sight before him. It truly broke his heart and only strengthened the fact that she wasn't his.

Thomas and Jay both pulled away and it took all of Thomas' willpower not to smirk triumphantly. It was another opportunity that screamed that Jay was his. Jay flushes slightly, running a hand through her hair. "Hey Newtie."

Newt smiled weakly and waves playfully. "We're all set to go." Jay nods in response, Newt starting to walk away. And what broke his heart was when he glanced behind him, the couple was sharing one last sweet kiss.

They all walked back to the awaiting Gladers in silence. It was time. They would either escape or die trying.

It was the moment of truth.