Chapter Eighteen

[] sorry its short 😔😣 I've been extremely busy []

Thomas and Jay were out in the maze today so it was Newt's turn to show Aleks around. Newt's mind was still reeling at the sight in the forest last night. He sighed and focused again on the task at hand.

Aleksandra walked with Newt towards the field. It was time to harvest all of the fruit that had grown and ripened.

She leaned against the tree to listen to Newt's explanation. He was nice, cute even. But she felt something with Thomas.

Hours later, it was still dark but the pair was nowhere near. Gladers crowded around the entrance. Newt feared that they would get trapped again and get attacked by Grievers.

They had gone out to check out the dead Griever again. Jay bent down by the carcass and examined it, catching a red beeping with her eyes

"Thomas. Check this out." She nodded towards the light. Tilting his head curiously, Thomas reached in and pulled out a metal cylinder.

"WCKED.....With a number seven.." He frowned at the number but shrugged, slipping it into his pack. Only then did the pair realize how dark it was.

Jay cursed and they started to run towards the doors. Aleks realized that this was the way she could get rid of Jay. She smirked as the pair came into view.

Jay and Thomas stopped by the group, panting heavily and heading to the map room to reveal their discovery to the other runners.

A plan started to envelop in her mind. If all went well, Jay would not live to see the next sun down.