Chapter Sixteen

The next day, Thomas and Jay walked around casually, holding hands and enjoying each others company. "Did you know that girl?" She asked softly, clenching her jaw.

Thomas saw the evident jealousy on her face and chuckled. "No darling. I have no idea who she is."

"Are you jealous?" He added with a sly smirk, laughing as she punched his shoulder playfully.
"I'm not jealous. Jealousy is wanting something that you don't have."

Thomas raised an eyebrow and smirked, stopping their walk. Jay leaned against the wall as Thomas put his hands on the wall on both sides of her head.

"What are you then?" He leaned his forehead against hers as she smirked. "I'm territorial. I'm protective of what's already mine." After her little spiel, Thomas leaned down and kissed her.

She pulled him closer, the whole world melting away. A soft yell interrupted their little session. "She's up!" Alby yelled.

They pulled away and gasped for air. Thomas smirked, winking at her. Jay rolled her eyes and smacked him upside the head. "Let's go." She walked with him to a tree where stuff was being thrown from.

"Hey it's Thomas!" A glader yelled and the throwing stopped as she peeked over the wooden railing. "Let me go talk to her." Thomas kissed Jay's head and started to climb the tree.

Aleksandra watched the couple on the ground and immediately developed hatred for the girl. As the boy came up, she huddled into a corner, pointing a knife at him.

"Where am I. Who are you. Why can't I remember anything." She said in a cautious rush. Thomas sat across from her. "It's okay. I'll just take this." He slowly took the knife from her.

"You are in the Glade. The creators put us here for some reason. My name is Thomas, as you know, and it's because the creators erased your memory. What's your name?"

He asked the girl softly as she looked up at him. "I'm Aleksandra....Call me Aleks." He nods and asks again,"Do you remember anything?"

She shook her head. "Well, one thing. WCKED is good." Alex repeated the memory from her dreams. "Okay. Let's head down."

After Thomas got her down, he walked to Jay's side and wrapped an arm around her waist. "This is my girlfriend Jay. That's Minho, Gally, Newt, and Alby." He pointed to everyone in turn.

Aleks smiled sickly sweet to Jay. "Hi. I have a feeling we're going to be the best of friends!" Jay smiled back, feeling the rivalry and challenge behind the tone. "Definitely!"

Let the battle begin.