3. An old friend?

" 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓉𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒.... 𝒾𝓈 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓇𝒶𝑔𝑒. "

- Elizabeth Stanton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I'm home."  Beryl says as he takes off his shoes before setting them to the side.

" You're back." Miyako greeted him from across, she seemed focus on her work. " How was today's work for you?"

" It's alright." It was not. He still can't really wrap the fact around his head that he'd been reduced to a mere ' mascot ' for the place.

Beryl looked around the living room and spotted Ruby eyeing him from the couch. Upon his gaze meeting her eyes, she immediately averts them with a small huff and focuses back on her phone. Beryl raises a brow at this behaviour, so he curiously goes over to her only to find that she's scooting even farther away as if his mere presence repulsed her very existence.

" Ruby?" He called out to her.

He was met with incoherent angry grumbling noises as she continued to ignore him. For a few seconds, he was left to wonder the happenings to have caused her mood, but then quickly remembers the reason why. He reaches out and pulls her ponytail.

" Agh--!" She jolts back, her hands immediately locking on his wrists, he didn't pull her hair too roughly but just enough to ignite the shock. " Wha--! What are you doing?!" She yells at him.

" Don't tell me you're giving me the silent treatment after what I said earlier," He said, amusement lurking in his tone. That just pissed Ruby off even more.

She hisses at him, trying to bite at him, but she couldn't even turn her head due to his grip on her hair. Beryl knew that was the instinctual move she was going to resort to, she's done that plenty of times. The first time honestly suprised him back when they were kids and got into their first serious scuffle where it ended up with her biting his arm like a rabid dog.

But he's grown alongside her for quite a while now, and he's gained the knowledge to counter all of his sister's attacks effortlessly. All her attempts to gnaw at his skin are futile, so unless she comes up with something smart ( which he highly doubts ) she will never be able to bare her fangs against him anymore.

" Let go of my hair!" She seethes. Glaring at him from as far as her peripherals could reach. " And of course I'm giving you the silent treatment, you were mean to me!"

" As I am, like, everyday. I thought you knew." He shrugs.

" That doesn't make it any better!" She rebuffed him, loudly, nearly causing MIyako to flinch from the ear-piercing sound.

" You're a sadist, aren't you? You have no qualms about bullying and pulling your own sister's hair as if that's an easy fix for why I'm mad at you!" She adds, " You're a red flag, Beryl! No girls will like you if you continue to treat your sister this way!"